3 chips + magic weapon 1.10
does anyone know the details of this new recipe? it seems to give the same results as the 3 flawless recipe. i've only done it in normal and i'm wondering if it degrades the ilvl, also i've only tried it with bows so i'm wondering if it works for all weapons and/or armor too. thanks.
Hmm if I recall correctly this sets the item level to 25, but since the recipe relies on the quality level of the item it does not affect your cubing results (for cruel anyway). So long as you use high enough Qlvl items ie. Colossus Blade, Champion Sword, Colossus Sword etc, (someone posted the list on Atma's Tavern I think) you have a chance of spawning cruel on it.
It gives ilvl 25 instead of 30, but other than that, the output is the same. For items with qlvl >= 30, there's absolutely no difference in the alvl. The socket bracket would also be the same, as would (apparently) the staffmod bracket.

So, for nearly all purposes, it's just as good as the flawless recipe.

It does work on all (magic) weapons, but no armours. It also gives 1-2 sockets, randomly, capped at however many sockets that item can have at ilvl 25.
Could you make a list when which staffmods(1 tier, 6 tier, etc) and wanted mods(+skill, fast cast, mana) are available/best chance, per item?

Maybe one your calculators shows this already, sorry. ;)
Hum a quick test* shows that final ILVL=25+50%initialILVL.

The plvl and ilvl are not ignored anymore when the lvl is set :)

*A kind of ruvanal's MOD :D --> A new cube receipe with output Rin,mag lvl=1 plvl=100 shows that plvl works
And a quick test shows that it is ignored. I also made a rin,mag lvl=1 plvl=100 recipe. I used it repeatedly and got only low-level affixes. Things like +1 max damage with no level requirement. After repeating it over a dozen times, I never had an affix with a level requirement. When I removed the entry in the lvl column, I consistently got high-level affixes that did have level requirements.

The output of the 3 chips recipe is just a flat ilvl = 25.
myrdinn,Nov 10 2003, 12:55 PM Wrote:Hum a quick test* shows that final ILVL=25+50%initialILVL.

The plvl and ilvl are not ignored anymore when the lvl is set :)

*A kind of ruvanal's MOD :D --> A new cube receipe with output Rin,mag lvl=1 plvl=100 shows that plvl works
Actually using MY kind of test (a set of modded affixes files) shows that the ilvl calcualtion has not changed from the 1.09 version.

Of course, I can kick myself for accidently not noticing that I started the test with a Poignard when I ment to grab a Dagger out of the the characters inventory.
Sorry for the confusion (Bad notes ((ALVL), i'm wrong of course :(
1 or 2 sockets max only? That means it's slightly less good than the 3-chippy recipe of v1.09 (although the previous 3 chippy works with magic swords only).

Is there some recipe that can give more than 2 sockets on some item types?
Quote:1 or 2 sockets max only?

Yes.

Quote:Is there some recipe that can give more than 2 sockets on some item types?

For normal-quality items yes. For magic items, no. The only way to get those with more than 2 sockets is to get the artificer's/jeweler's prefix.