Do boots get the Ethereal Damage Bonus?
I haven't personally been able to test this, so I was hoping that someone here knew: Does boot damage get the 50% bonus damage for being ethereal?

I figure that if you could do this with some of the elite boots, you could accually have decent kick damage. I'd accually like to try dragon tail as a primary attack if you can get the fire damage up around 2000-3000
(nt)
maxing tiger strike you'll end up having dragon tail damage of ~ 10k with exceptional, 20-30k with Elite boots (depending on str).
I suspect that Tiger isn't an improvement

A 5 kick attack is 5 very fast kicks

With Tiger it becomes

Punch
Punch
Punch
HUGE kick
Kick
Kick
Kick
Kick

Do we have any numbers for exactly how fast these kicks are. I've seen 2 frames mentioned for the sequential ones, so if your punching speed is 7 frames it probably would be not worthwhile since you would do 2 or even 3 full 5 kick sequences faster than charge-up plus release

Obviously there are some advantages of a single huge kick - PvP for instance - but I imagine that in most cases you'd use Dragon Flight to release
Brista,Nov 28 2003, 09:43 AM Wrote:I suspect that Tiger isn't an improvement

With Tiger it becomes

Punch
Punch
Punch
HUGE kick
Kick
Kick
Kick
Kick
Well that would be for talon, Caaroid & Red_Riot are talking about tail (eg. the fire explosion kick).
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
The skill you mention is dragon talon (lev1, the one with the many kicks); the skill discussed in this thread is tdragon tail (lev18, eplosive, fire bonus).

On my current kicksinn, tragon tail does ~ 600 damage without Tiger (don't know the exact value). With a 3-charge tiger, it does 10k damage, and delivers (most) of that damage to a radius. Without tiger, tail is practically useless; with maxed tiger it is a devastating attack.

By the way, there is something silly happening with Dragon Tail in PVP; damage reduction seems to work too effectively against it (with 75% resall, 75MDR 33DR 35% PDR and 400 life I should die from a 25k dragon tail, and I do not).

And assassins seem to miss most of the time like they used to before, I wonder if this bug will ever get fixed...
Quote:By the way, there is something silly happening with Dragon Tail in PVP; damage reduction seems to work too effectively against it (with 75% resall, 75MDR 33DR 35% PDR and 400 life I should die from a 25k dragon tail, and I do not).

Try again without the MRD, and I think you may be (un)pleasantly surprised.
Caaroid,Nov 28 2003, 12:52 PM Wrote:with 75% resall, 75MDR 33DR 35% PDR and 400 life I should die from a 25k dragon tail, and I do not.
Since you didn't mention the increase without DT I can't get the exact number, but with using only physical/fire % reduction, the damage gets reduced to 697 (the fire damage is calculated from physical damage).

phys = 16750 (1/3)
fire = 4187 (1/4)
pvp = 697 (1/6)

I haven't used the skill in an eternity, but does the fire exploison and kick both do damage to a target (ie 2 sources)?

Edit > Alright, that damage doesn't really make sense. I tried a bunch of combos, but in no way got less than 400 (okay, 50, but that was with dual pvp penalty).

Could you give the full stats on that 25k 'Sin?
Brista,Nov 28 2003, 07:43 AM Wrote:I suspect that Tiger isn't an improvement

With Tiger it becomes

Punch
Punch
Punch
HUGE kick
Kick
Kick
Kick
Kick

Do we have any numbers for exactly how fast these kicks are. I've seen 2 frames mentioned for the sequential ones, so if your punching speed is 7 frames it probably would be not worthwhile since you would do 2 or even 3 full 5 kick sequences faster than charge-up plus release

Obviously there are some advantages of a single huge kick - PvP for instance - but I imagine that in most cases you'd use Dragon Flight to release
Actually speaking of talon... From some testing I did in pvp with my friend, with 5 kick sequence, it seems the sequence would be something more like...

Punch
Punch
Punch
HUGE kick
HUGE kick
HUGE kick
HUGE kick
HUGE kick

I would have to double check this against monsters or something (this is my friend's assassin so I can't just check =P ), but Tiger doesn't seem to release after first kick, but after last. Oh, and just like regular release, it has to connect to release the huge kick; except with this it has to connect 5 (whatever number of kicks the skill level gives) times, so if you missed some times while trying to release using the dragon talon, you can use dragon talon again, and again, until you connect 5 times (or the time runs out on charges).
Now that's very interesting and incredibly powerful if you're right, Lemekim

Sorry for the unintentional thread hijack, btw :ph34r:
I had similar experience, as I believe a lot of people did too but mine is related to DTail. A lot of times after charging up the Tiger Strike and releasing it with DTail the charges still remain. This has nothing to do with failed DTail release and the charges still remain, I can clearly see the huge damage being done while the charges still remain.

May be is the lag?