Rune drops
Basically, today, some nice person appeared in the game I was in (me a lvl 5, the other guy lvl 4) and asks if either of us has a Sol (yes, sol) rune. Not in the mood for it, I replied "Why would a pair of low level characters be carrying a sol?" This nice person, most unhappy at the sarcasm decided to point out that he had characters of our level who've found Sol then, reminding me that the countess drops runes, and that I was a 'tard. Now, when I pointed out that they couldn't have got a Sol from normal diff countess, I was informed that I was incorrect. Infact, I was told that normal difficulty countess drops up to hel...
a)Is this actually the case?
b)Is this is chabge from 1.09?

Now, this, which I thought even more unlikely. I was told that mlvl increases with the amount of players, is this true?

There doesn't seem to be anything about either instance in the patch readme. Could someone just confirm whether Blizz have made amjor changes, or if this guy was just on the defencive after havingbeen challenged.

TIA

-Bob

p.s. I got this cracker today
[Image: MHscreenie.jpg]

:lol: , :D , and I might even venture as far as to say :P
The Countess cannot drop Sol in normal. She can only drop up to Ral. Clicky for more information. I think in 1.09, she only dropped El or Eld. Definitely no Sols there.

The mlvl of monsters does not scale up with the number of players. They do get extra hitpoints and a reduced chance of NoDrop, though.
Bob,Nov 27 2003, 11:41 PM Wrote:decided to point out that he had characters of our level who've found Sol  and that I was a 'tard
BNet rule #391b

Rightness is inversely proportional to rudeness ;)
adeyke,Nov 27 2003, 07:51 PM Wrote:The Countess cannot drop Sol in normal.  She can only drop up to Ral.
Yes, I can attest the Countess can drop up to Ral, which she kindly dropped for my enchantress last night. Drognan was a little less forthcoming, but Tribade eventually got her +3 Enchant Leaf staff.

(Next time we meet, adeyke, perhaps she will be the one enchanting you!)
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
adeyke,Nov 27 2003, 04:51 PM Wrote:The Countess cannot drop Sol in normal.  She can only drop up to Ral.  Clicky for more information.  I think in 1.09, she only dropped El or Eld.  Definitely no Sols there.

The mlvl of monsters does not scale up with the number of players.  They do get extra hitpoints and a reduced chance of NoDrop, though.
Yes, their monster level does not increase but they do get a better chance of drops: (taken from the Arret Summit)

"Improved Drops for Parties
Every party member in the area of the kill increases the chance that stuff will drop (whether via monster death, chests, etc). Every two additional other players in the game (whether it's a non-party member or a party member in another area) count as one additional party member toward the extra chance for a drop.

For example (for a sample baseline 25% drop):

Party Chance Of Getting Something
1 1-(0.75^1) = 0.250
2 1-(0.75^2) = 0.438
3 1-(0.75^3) = 0.578
4 1-(0.75^4) = 0.684
5 1-(0.75^5) = 0.763
6 1-(0.75^6) = 0.822
7 1-(0.75^7) = 0.867
8 1-(0.75^8) = 0.900

Note that most things don't have a 25% chance of dropping something, so the values in the table need to be adjusted for that fact. Also, some monsters (namely bosses and chests), roll more than once for items (since they can drop multiple items). The bonus for additional players gets calculated into each roll.

Some bosses (such as normal uniques) will always drop a magic item or better. The additional players will have no effect on them.

The additional players has no effect on the quality of the drop, it only affects the chance that items get dropped in the first place."
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
But as someone, I believe Ruvanal, pointed out, having an additional chance of the countess dropping someting actually decreases the probablitilty of her rune drops, since the normal TC is selected first. Thus it is better to face the countess by oneself.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Is this ral rune the highest in her Rune Drop, or her normal drop? Since, IIRC, her normal drop can drop higher runes than her Rune Drop, but they don't drop runes as often.
In normal difficulty the Countess's normal item drop can only go up to Nef.
Quote: In normal difficulty the Countess's normal item drop can only go up to Nef.

Has this been changed in 1.10? I'm fairly certain that I recall finding at least 1 of the RAL ORT TAL trio(I can't remember which one) from her in normal.

EDIT:OH. I'm sorry. I've misunderstood that question was about her item drop, not her rune drop(though it was said plainly). My mistake. Also, the RAL I remember may have been in the beta. Sigh, I need to read more carefully before I post.
It is changed. In 1.10, the normal drop is up to Nef and the rune drop up to Ral.

In 1.09, the normal drop had no runes and the rune drop was up to Eld.

So either I'm misinterpreting the files or you were mistaken.
Probably the latter. :)