Are these worth having?
Harliquin crest
Griswold sword
Emphyrian band
Ring of truth

dl lvl3
warrior

Can you have more than the main charactor when playing D1?
Keeper of Nightworld
Harlequin Crest

The AC hit seems to negate the -1dfe, and +2 all attributes, +7life/mana ain't that great. Undead Crown is a better easily attainable unique helm, and there are better items out there in the long run... But at your current stage in the game, better helms are harder to come by, so you may want to keep it until you get a UC.

Griswold's Edge

Actually, my SP character still has this. It's carried him far and long. The life hit is a bitch, +20 mana'll probably be used on healing, knockback's awkward for a monster... But I just can't say no to a +25% ToHit or the 1-10 fire damage (Great for killing barrel skellys). Not an overly spectacular sword, not worth keeping, but it still has a special place in my heart.

Empyrean Band

Three nice mods: +2 all attributes, fast hit recovery, absorbs half of trap damage (Becomes useless in later games) but... +20%lr! Ghastly, simply ghastly. Three very nice early-on mods offset by another mod that will cripple you. You're gonna need that FHR 'cause you're gonna be attracting more monsters.

Ring of Truth

Eeeeeeeh... Your best suggested item. The RoT is marginally useful in the early-game, but will become obsolete as you find better jewels. +10 life, +10 mana, -1dfe. Nice. Keep it until you find something better, or until its benefits becomes negligable.

Yes, you can have more characters. Just select "New Hero" when you arrive at the character selection screen.

And Deathclaws do indeed rule. My party was absolutely destroyed by one in the Boneyards. It's always nice to be humbled when you've built a character that seemingly kills everything without any effort.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Oh thank you so very much for your information! I now know more about creating a good charactor and what weapons to use.

Ah the boneyard memories, still remain.

I will try to get more than one charactor as I have just learned about this.

again thank you. :D
Keeper of Nightworld
If I recall correctly Ring of Truth is +10 Life, -1dfe and __+10 Resist All__
and given the fact that it normall takes until (late) Catacombs to find useable jewelry (let alone ANY) Ring of Truth and EmpBand are actually pretty good items. And the +LR on the Band is of no real concern, unless you have other +LR items, or are on an Archer/Spitter level.

Harlequinn Crest is Junk on a Warrior
Griswold's Edge is potentially useful for a Mage (MANA), Rogues are better off with a bow, and Warriors will have to adjust to the Knockback.
Torn Flesh of Souls on the other hand is good no matter who equips it, it simply is the best armor in the game hands down, and the best part is that it isn't a quest item ANYONE can find it, even in multiplayer. Although most of the TFoS floating around on B.net are dupes.
Torn Flesh of Souls on the other hand is good no matter who equips it, it simply is the best armor in the game hands down,

I disagree. Other armors offer so much more, such as a resist all armour, preferably with a suffix adding to all (stars), dexterity (precision) or hitpoints (tiger).

In singleplayer, even Arkaines Valor offers more than TFoS. A measly +10 vit is nothing, compared to what other armors can give you. I'd suggest that as a warrior you try to find something with +dex for armour if you have a shield, or something that adds ac, you want around 120-140ac for singleplayer.
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
Quote:Drac

Quote:Grarrrg
Torn Flesh of Souls on the other hand is good no matter who equips it, it simply is the best armor in the game hands down.

I disagree. Other armors offer so much more, such as a resist all armour, preferably with a suffix adding to all (stars), dexterity (precision) or hitpoints (tiger).

It is a matter of fact, not agreement. TFoS is the best. Just ask it. (TFoS is very immodest about such things.)

If it won't answer you (as is probable since you insulted it so), consider: Would TFoS ever say of you, "Drac isn't the best. Other Dracs offer so much more."? Nay, for it is a benevolent TFoS. Why say such cruel things of it?

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
I wouldn't waste my time picking it up off the floor to pick it up, so of course it won't answer me!

(Some people may not realise that it is an in-joke that Lemming likes TFoS, but there really is nothing else special about it, except the whole 2x2 slot for an armour, which doesn't matter when you're wearing it.)
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
Quote:I wouldn't waste my time picking it up off the floor to pick it up, so of course it won't answer me!

You would abandon it on the floor?! It would never abandon you, Drac. But it will keep dropping. Oh, yes yes yes, it will. You shall never be rid of it. At any given time, on any given level, it can and will drop. You will have another chance, and yet another. Eventually your will shall crumble and, by accident or by choice, you will wear it! You cannot resist it forever. The precious will FIND you, yes precious. You wantsss the precious, yes, even now.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
Quote:Some people may not realise that it is an in-joke that Lemming likes TFoS,

Nooooooooo...(ten years later)...oooooooooooo!!! :o

You have crushed the dreams of a young boy, Draconis. I had always looked up to Lemming because of the TFoS *hic* but now, I don't know what to do! :unsure:
You have crushed the dreams of a young boy,

My life plan is then finally complete!
Meanie

*kicks the draconis*
*twice*
*then tars and TFoS's him*