Item level?
What is item level? Can someone please explain how to get it?

-Nantuko Primus
[Image: KenyaSig.png]

[wcip Wrote:Angel,Jul 2 2004, 11:19 AM]
unrealshadow13,Jul 2 2004, 11:02 AM Wrote:I find that a sorceress serves me better when doing MF runs. I have yet to find a useful niche for werewolves... They are a slow killer (imo) and my old werewolf always got owned in pvp.
Does that mean someone else owns your werewolf? How is that possible? He's on *your* account, isn't he?
Item level is a value tagged onto an item that determines how the item will behave for various cubing formulas. Generally the higher the ilevel the higher (and usually better) affix values that *may*be assigned to the item by the game if transmuted in the cube. The ilevel comes from the level of the monster that dropped the item or the level assigned in the shop or the gambling screen which is roughly around the characters level that purchased or gambled the item. The ilvl is not displayed on the item and bears no relation to the item level required to equip it. The game keeps track of the ilvl internaly.

I'm sure someone can fill you in on more succinct details but the above is the general gist of it.