::HardCore PvP Help::
Hi guys. I'm new to these forums. I just started back playing d2 again after about a year, and i'm playing hc. I was wondering if you some peoples could help me out here with some tips and strategies. I just made and assassin, i know how to make a perfect asn in hc. She was lvl 21 with charms, she had max dmg jewels in all her stuff, 3 socketed helm, 4 socketed armor, 3 socketed shield, awesome claw. anyways, she died, and it was because of a druid. This druid killed me in one hit, and he was good, i don't usually die this easy, because i've killed many people. This druid was a bear. I'm guessing he was prolly using like etheral steeldriver/bonesnap. I want to hear what you guys think about PvP in hardcore and some tips if you have any. Thanks.
You might want to specify this as a duel because PKing, especially in hardcore, is frowned on here and you can expect a very large thread of flames. Because of which I also doubt you will find many duelers around here. Maybe Garbad has found his way back since the lounge's downtime.
Make a bear or wolf shapeshifter druid, you'll never die thanks to shift into normal on damage overflow (provided full belt of rejuvs) :P

Seriously though, I don't think you will find a lot of advice here for a low level hardcore dueler.

For a low level dueler like you had, I would consider making a chargedin pala - with charge now being continuous, you can use it to move around very fast, and the damage is great too (especially with some synergies)
first of all, no i'm not a pk'er. i hate pk'ers because it takes the fun out of the game. dueling is fun because it gives me a rush and its just plain ol' fun. getting to high levels is hard for me and i like trying my luck with other people when i get to a certain level.

secondly, my friend had an all-mighty pally that was freakin awesome. he used eth bonesnap, jewel'd helm, armor, etc, etc... and he was totally pwned by this bear. so i just hope i'll be able to do as good :) thanks for the advice guys, cya
One of my favourite moments in D2 was before LOD came out, where the basin had a HC lvl 9 punching duel tournament.

PvP can be fun in HC (even if PK blows)
Hi

I am the world's worst high level dueler but I got a level 12 paladin that doesn't get beaten often (I duel in SC so it's not that big a deal)

The question arises: SHIELD? My pally uses the low-end lev12 speed equipment (only +9 jewels in armor/helm, blood crescent for the speed, death set and sigons shield/boots, max block and resists.

However, the problem with the bear is that every one of his hits stuns. If your recovery rate is below his swinging speed, you're toast. Advice: faster hit recov charms / equipment.

Then again, since your problem seems to be the excessive damage... ever thought of making a double thrower?

Happy hunting.
yep, i've had all the pvp types b4. i've had a double-thrower barb, he was awesome, lvl 33, but died from pk :(

i've also had an asn, i told you b4, but i've never had a charging pally, my bro is making one, so i figured i'd make something to try to kill him :)

but besides that, i have some armor and helm with perfect rubies in them, i dont know if i should make my bear with a crap load of life, or make him super fast attacker, what do you guys think? and if you could give some advice on skills/stat point spreads.
I play strictly lev12 PVP, and there speed is the most important, the next is damage. At higher level however, some life might be advantageous... aldhough I think that the bear that killed you had all his stat points in str (hence the huge damage).

I understand that in HC it is not that easy to say that "just hope your blow lands first" :) But with a bear, the key is to keep the enemy stunlocked. That means, SPEED. In high level duels druids usually use 5x40/15 + 1 shael-ed Berzerker axes (I think this will change with the new Griswald weapon thouh :)); and there the main goal is to attain a swing rate that makes paladins jealous. The same path should be followed in case of mid-or low level pvp: hit fast enough so that the opponent will not be able to move and it does not really matter if you don't hit that hard. In this case, a high vit build might survive... unless you encounter another bear, and have to face his ravens...

All in all, I'd vote speed. AND if I were you, I'd try it out in softcore first (if you play Europe, I'm more than willing to help you with your testing).

Happy hunting!
Hi

on the AB

www.theamazonbasin.com

there is a whole forum dedicated to legit PvP.

It might help you.

good hunting

www.the.amazonbasin.com
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
cool, thanks for the links. i'm thinking of getting an eth bonesnap for him, and getting a bunch of ias stuff, like u said. if he is fast and does good dmg, i think he will come out pretty good. i'm prolly only going to get him to like lvl 35 MAX, prolly like 25 unless i find some other items that require a high level to use that will be much better than what i use. but can u guys give me some ideas of items that would be good for like lvl 35 and under that have ias? thanks a lot!
death belt+glove for the resall, cannot be frozen, 30% ias and practical poison immunity along with 8% LL

twich or full cow set
at lev 35 you can already use 15% IAS jewels.

and you sure you won't miss the blocking with a bonesnap? But if you're dead set to go two-handed: Bonesnaps are darned slow. Get a steeldriver instead, it does more damage and has 40% ias built in, shael it (lev29) and you're one happy destroyer. BTW, at that level you can already use Hwain's weapon (again 40% IAS build in); that with the armor (+100 life) is a nice combo as well.
A while back there was a topic here on the best level 9 dueler. Level 9 dueling is very competitve, and a big effort to make a character. It usually involves a lot of rushing to get all the +skills, +stats, and +life quests. I can't find the topic for some reason, but if you decide to go that low level, somebody else can probably point you in the right direction. :)
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
I don't know the thread, but in 1.10 MANY changed in low level dueling.

Most effective class, for example. In 1.09 an assassin (without the Duelliga's restricition on BoS usage, etc) was practically unkillable. My friends lev9-er tore apart everything, including my lev12 paladin. In 1.10 the paladin seems unbeatable, it received a TON of synergies, the barb and assa mastery bug is gone.

The rushing issue is also somewhat changed, it is RATHER tricky to rush a lev9 char through hell (although we managed to kill monsters in hell den by ourselves, in 1.10 the ancients level limit make it hard to get that far).
this is tru... i had a lvl 9 asn, she was awesome. you can still get all the max dmg jewels and make them really good. also, with the pally, everyone in hc in 1.10 is now using a charge pally, and they are all very confident, because they are very good duelers. but what some don't expect (like my friend) is that were-bears can take them out. my friend had an godly pally that was the best dueler on the east realm, then some druid came outta no-where, and my friend being the cocky little person he is thought he could take him, then he died. i was surprised, and this is the whole reason for me wanting to make a dueler druid. besides that...

i'm thinking of using sanders gloves maybe? so that way i can use some better belt, like string. because sanders gloves have good ias as well, and u dont need to where a certain other item to unlock the full potential of the item.

i do have a twitchthroe already, got for free :) its really nice, good ias. and about the ias jewels, i dont think i'll be getting that high after all, maybe just to the lvl to use steeldriver, which i think is 29 or something. if u guys can think of any other items, maybe under 30 or a little over 30, like 32 at the MOST, let me know, thanks.
well, guess what guys, haha, my druid died! its wonderful. i guess it makes it even more worst because i had a couple of good things in stash *SIGH*...

sometimes it really sucks, i'm starting another, and he's gonna attack so fast, its not even gonna be cool.

cya guys
Make sure you have that mod someplace!
That is why I suggested death's sash. You're not fast if you're chilled...