What build for this weapon?
I recently found the new unique thresher off of Shenk in hell. Looking at it's mods, I see it would be a great merc weapon, but I think that it deserves a character to use it. Currently I have no appropriate candidates. I'm toying with the idea of a wolf or a barb, but I've done both before. Any interesting suggestions?

Two-Hand Damage: (34-40) To (408-479) (221-259.5 Avg)
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 114
Required Dexterity: 89
Durability: 65
Base Weapon Speed: [-10]
+190-240% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Ignore Target's Defense
Adds 4-44 Cold Damage
11-15% Life Stolen Per Hit (varies)
33% Deadly Strike
33% Chance To Cast Level 1 Decrepify On Striking
Requirements -25%
(Ladder Only)
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

IIRC, mine is 230 something ED, and 13 LL. BTW, this is ladder HC.
That's a melee sorcie weapon if I ever saw one. ITD, cold damage to slow monsters and lower requirements, not to talk about the decripify cast chance. Shael the thing and get some good IAS gloves and such.

In HC though I might throw it at a fury wolfie. less dex = more STR and VIT. With that much life leech you'll be filling up your orb quite fast.
Quote:cold damage to slow monsters

The omission of a cold duration in the description is intentional, because there isn't any. The cold damage will hurt monsters and can shatter them if you use the weapon to kill them, but it doesn't have any slowing effect. Monsters just don't turn blue from it. Of course, you can still use other sources of cold with it to add duration.
adeyke,Dec 1 2003, 10:26 PM Wrote:The omission of a cold duration in the description is intentional, because there isn't any.  The cold damage will hurt monsters and can shatter them if you use the weapon to kill them, but it doesn't have any slowing effect.  Monsters just don't turn blue from it.  Of course, you can still use other sources of cold with it to add duration.
Really? Wow, that's the first time I see a cold damaging weapon that doesn't slow monsters. Kinda bites a bit :lol:
Werebear? Leap barb(He'd almost never miss unless they were fanatic fallen champions with a fanaticism aura from elsewhere running from him. LOL)? Any other build where the primary attack form has high (physical)damage multiplication and low/no dex bonuses. Can a paladin charge with that? I'd be pretty terrified if some Ironman started running at me at triple speed while swinging a scythe... :P
I can only find two (1.09 or newer) uniques with durationless cold damage: Reaper's Toll (discussed in this thread) and good old Baranar's Star.
Seems like a perfect Whirlwind Barbarian or Fanatic Zealot weapon.

With Cleglaw's Pincers thrown into the mix, it'll be tough to kill a character using the thing (with physical damage atleast).
Thanks for the thoughts. I'm leaning towards a fanatic zealot. I've also been thinking about a holy freeze pally using zeal. If I can reliably keep monsters both holy frozen, and decrepified, I might actually have a chance at surviving(very,very carefully) in hell.

The real problem will be resists, and when I ,say, open a door in the cats and walk through into a 2 boss tainted pack with curse and mana burn.

I think it will be fun while it lasts, but melee pallys without sheilds are a dying breed in 1.10 HC hell. Well, I guess they weren't that popular before anyway.

Hopefully I'll be looted when I die, and then I may make a melee sorc or some kind of assassin with it.