Quick questions
Where is a good place to level up in normal? I'm using a lvl 29 barb. I get good xp from enslaved but I don't kill well enough to do BR's alone and its hard to get people to join and do them with you.

Where can I get a good sword in normal? I'm using a Static crystal sword of Gore. 5 to 23 damage adds 1-91 Lightning damage.

With 630 defense 230 life 62% block and 44% chance to block and 152 damage (most lightning from sword; this is against enslaved;) I don't see why I'm having so much trouble getting farther in the game. I don't want to level up forever either 'cuz I don't have time to play this game all the time.
Bloodstar6078 @ USWest
ブラッドスター
Baal can drop Bloodletter gladius in Normal. Actually, he drops a lot of crap... <_< But I suspect that's not what you want to hear. I'd suggest hanging around the river of flame waypoint, killing Urdars or whatever you can manage without difficulty. My turn to ask the questions. What's your primary attack skill? Do you intend to use a level 30 skill? Which one? I'd definitely say go for 30 before you try the foothills again. Natural Resistance would be an excellent skill to have as far as keeping your resists up(and if they're low, catapults would just plain slaughter you.)

Since you haven't specified what your main attack is, I'll throw out some mods to use depending on your killing skill.

Leap Attack/Berserk/Bash
High damage weapon, preferrably with a little AR, if you have trouble hitting(anything below about 60% I would consider trouble hitting) things. Be aware that your defense drops to 0 when using Berserk.

Double Swing/Frenzy/Whirlwind
Something with a little speed would probably do well.

In all cases, a high amount of elemental damage(Static and its cold/fire equivalents would be about right for your level I think), may be substituted for high ED, with this warning; if you encounter a monster immune to the element, you're screwed. :P

If you're really desperate, get a nice 3-4 socket weapon from Larzuk(are 4 socketed swords available at level 29?), plunk in a couple of higher quality gems(Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Topaz), and go back to swinging. High quality gems shouldn't be too hard to come by. Most people at level 29 should have at least 2-8 Flawless. If you can afford them, throwing in some skulls might improve your survivability.
Bloodstar6078,Dec 2 2003, 03:08 AM Wrote:Where is a good place to level up in normal? I'm using a lvl 29 barb.
The game is pretty well balanced now so that if you play through it you will level up at a reasonable rate.

Quote:I get good xp from enslaved but I don't kill well enough to do BR's alone and its hard to get people to join and do them with you.

Well instead of hoping they'll join you why don't you join them. Games like "Act 5 quests" will get you great exp :)

Quote:I'm using a Static crystal sword of Gore. 5 to 23 damage adds 1-91 Lightning damage.

Low physical damage and high lightning damage. All of the Barb's skills that affect damage only affect physical damage (they multiply it). If you want bigger damage you need to have a big physical damage weapon

Quote:I don't want to level up forever either 'cuz I don't have time to play this game all the time.

Just don't worry about it. Work on your ability to play the game and the rest follows easily. Spend too much time fretting about getting to the end-game without developing your playing skill and you won't have much fun
Thanks those may help.

For an attack skill right now I put lvl 1 concentrate on my left click. I'm just making a normal sword/shield-using whirlwind barb. I got like 7 Iron skin, 3 battle orders, 10 sword mastery and believe the rest is in prerequisites for ww/zerk/natural resist.
Bloodstar6078 @ USWest
ブラッドスター