Barb Mastery for Javelin Class?
I just found an ethereal Demon's Arch, which is a pretty nice weapon, even when not used as a throwing weapon. It's a javelin-class wpn, but Barb's don't have javelin mastery. Is it true that spear mastery applies to javelins when not thrown, and throwing wpn mastery applies when thrown?

Thanks,
IronMouse
Oh, I wanted to add something that might be well known and obvious to most, but...

Ethereal javs can be used as non-throwing weapons because they don't get damaged. They don't have a durability stat, like bows.
Quote:Is it true that spear mastery applies to javelins when not thrown, and throwing wpn mastery applies when thrown?

Yes,
Quote:Ethereal javs can be used as non-throwing weapons because they don't get damaged. They don't have a durability stat, like bows.

No. Throwing weapons will still lose quantity when used in mêlée. So if you have ethereal throwing weapons and use them extensively in mêlée, they will break (unless they have self-repair).
adeyke: I just tested this and you're right! The quantity diminishes during melee. Fortunately for me, Demon's Arch replenishes.

Thanks!