Infector of Souls in 1.10
I have a summoner/zookeeper Druid in Act4 Norm. I have always loved facing Infector of Souls in the Chaos Sanctuary, no matter what difficulty. He is the easiest one to fight. Now it seems they have toughened him up in the expansion. I faced him today, and he had me trapped and kiced my booty left, right and every other way. I had 4 wolves, plus being in lvl 7 ww with lvl 3 feral rage plus oak sage and a life vine. They wiped me out in like a min. OMs never did this, neither did the council or Mephisto or anyone else. What gives. Is it his speed. I though maybe it was the fact that I had such a small fighting space so I took out to the main room where Diablo comes once you open all the seal. Same results there. :angry:
I am besides myself here on this. :(
I was only at level 30, but I hadnt distributed my skill points in a while, so I decided to go ahead. I put some in grizzly to kind of get a new lineup. I will see if that works as I try to to lvl up and get try to find some items to get some more fire and lghtning resist before facing Diablo.
Has anyone heard if Infector of Souls has been made harder at all?

P.S. I am back from my annual Diablo Hibernation. The hibernation is always around the beginnig of football season, when the new Madden comes out. I have played it to death and now its back to Diablo. B)
**Paul**
I will make weapons from your bones--Smith
"I am pond scum"--Bull Shannon from Night Court
The last one is a line in the show. It is a very funny line. You have to watch the episode to understand the phrase.
Quote:They wiped me out in like a min.

That sure is longer than my melee warriors' 10 seconds. Their Inferno attack (as well as all other monster that use it) have been buffed up a lot.

They were incredibly fast before IIRC, but with the damage they do and the new(?) pack instinct (minions try to stick to their "master"), it's hard to separate them, but that's what you have to try to do, sitting in the middle of their firebreath is suicide.

Also if you flip all the seals before the one which releases them, you only need to kill the boss (mr Soul Collector) and all others get killed directly, but getting to him before the others is easier said than done.

Quote:I had 4 wolves, plus being in lvl 7 ww with lvl 3 feral rage plus oak sage and a life vine.

Ah, shame you're not a Bear, Shockwave would help a lot in crowd control, which gets even more important later on.

There's been a million changes, so I recommend reading up on the AS (many updates now by LL members) about it.

You didn't mention if you play on Ladder or not, as that one has a different (higher) difficulty now (in NM/Hell monsters are harder to hit, react/think faster, and have more hp).

Quote:He is the easiest one to fight.

One of the main changes (although not masterfully done) was shift around the balance of things - I guess Blizz didn't want your statement to be true any longer.

Edit >
Quote:I am besides myself here on this.

Ah, nevermind the ladder statement then, although you can be happy (or sad ;)) that there's an even tougher version.