passive mastery question
Reading MongoJerry's articles and guide and the this-is-not-really-a-flamewar thread that followed it I think I figured out how enchant works.

On CASTING time it creates a virtual +fire damage item (let's call it charm for easier reference), that adds to your melee / ranged melee a substantial amount of fire damage.
When ATTACKING melee, it gets multiplied by the fire mastery, just as any fire damage item (and the same way as lightning damage items get multiplied by lightning mastery). When using missile weapons, however, this passive fire mastery bonus does not apply.

IF I understood how Enchant works, this'd also imply that fireghtning mastery does not work for fireghting damage items when using bows. Is this true or not?

Thanks for your time
Caaroid,Dec 7 2003, 07:00 PM Wrote:Reading MongoJerry's articles and guide and the this-is-not-really-a-flamewar thread that followed it I think I figured out how enchant works.

On CASTING time it creates a virtual +fire damage item (let's call it charm for easier reference), that adds to your melee / ranged melee a substantial amount of fire damage.
When ATTACKING melee, it gets multiplied by the fire mastery, just as any fire damage item (and the same way as lightning damage items get multiplied by lightning mastery). When using missile weapons, however, this passive fire mastery bonus does not apply.

IF I understood how Enchant works, this'd also imply that fireghtning mastery does not work for fireghting damage items when using bows. Is this true or not?

Thanks for your time
This would also imply that % elemental damage enhancing items will not work with Amazon's lightining javelins and cold/fire arrow skills as well, since those items behaive just like masteries, unless these skills are somehow significantly different. Good question, it would be interesting to find out the answer =\