cant find the book
ive been though the whole level and i cant find the book for the chamber of bone i read somewhere that this is one of the quests that everyone gets if so can anyone tell me where it is
Copied from Jarulf's Guide.

Chapter 8.2.8 The Chamber of Bone
Quote:This quest is always present in single player. You must first read the book on level 6, which activates the quest. When you do, the entrance (a stair on level 6) will open up and you can go to the mini level where you solve the quest. Pull both levers to open secret rooms. In the center of the mini level you will find the chamber of bones (lots of bones there). Behind it you will find another room with a book. When you read the book inside the final room you have finished the quest and will gain a spell level of Guardian.

The chests found in the small rooms on the mini level will create items as if they came from a unique monster, that is, they will always be magical, have a higher probability of being unique and will use the +4 bonus to the ilvl for determination of the prefix and/or the suffix.
i know about the book but i went though all of level 6 and still couldnt find the book
watchdog,Dec 9 2003, 01:13 AM Wrote:i know about the book but i went though all of level 6 and still couldnt find the book
Dungeon levels are randomly generated. I can't tell you exactly where the book is because it could be anywhere in your specific game.

Just keep looking. It's there somewhere.
Are you playing the single player game? Most of the single player quests do not appear in multiplayer.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
yes im playing the single player game as a sorcerer ive went to all the areas the only book ive found talks about the chamber of heros so i figured that thats the book everyones talking about but when i killed all the horned demons i looked for the skeleton lever but couldnt find it so i assume that theres something missing
Hail watchdog,

You cannot find the right book?
This seems pretty much due to the fact that you are on lvl 5.
The quest you describe (fighting Horned Demons) is 'Arkaine's Valor' (should be displayed properly if you open the quest log ('Q'), and is to be found on lvl 5.
As stated by DeeBye and written in JG, the 'Chamber Of Bone' quest can only be found in lvl 6.
Others feel free to correct me, but I think that's the key to this problem.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
One time when I was playing Single Player, there was a glitch in the map rendering on level 6. Half of the level was cut off from the other. There was no way to walk into the other half, as it was all solid wall. Unfortunately for me, my Warrior had neither Teleport nor Phasing learned, and it took me two other levels before I found a trio of Phasing Scrolls that allowed me to return to level 6 and try to jump through the wall (in order to find the Skeletal Tome and open the Chamber of Bone).
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
yea tell me about it i keep going over level 6 and still found only one book and it says beyond the chamber of heros lies the chamber of bone then i go though the arch way and come into a small room then nothing its just a small room no levers no nothing earlier in this post someone said that the chamber of heros was on level 5 well not in my game
You found the right book but you didn't explore the actual chamber enough. Find the stairs that lead to the Chamber of Bone then slowly move your mouse around the screen, it will highlight the lever when the mouse passes over it.
But I told that kid a hundred times "Don't take the Lakes for granted.
They go from calm to a hundred knots so fast they seem enchanted."
But tonight some red-eyed Wiarton girl lies staring at the wall,
And her lover's gone into a white squall.
Have you noticed the difference between your posts and those of everyone else in this thread? Punctuation.

LL forums are not chat rooms. (See "Rules" and "Etiquette" links at the top of the forum.) Particularly:

Quote:If you're not very familiar with basic etiquette . . . we recommend that you simply read the forum for a while before making your first post. That's always a good rule of thumb before you dive into any online community, yet it's rarely followed. The Lounge posters have our own small subculture like all good fansites, and it won't take long to pick up on the nuances.

As I pointed out, other posts are arranged with attention to legible grammar structure. That's part of the Lounge "subculture." It's a norm that separates us from Blizzard's forums, where (if I may steal from SomethingAwful) many posters make a very good case for why some folks' internet should be "Read only."

This message paid for in part by the "Beautify Our Lounge" Ad Council.
hi lemming,
Thanks for reminding me. I may have been guilty of this error in my post on another thread. I will definitely right more carefully.
Malach Cha Movis
(no sig yet)
;)
malach_cha_movis,Dec 10 2003, 11:16 PM Wrote:I will definitely write more carefully.
Fixed :)
When I came to the book, I went though to the other two rooms. I searched both rooms, but there were no stairs in either room. In fact, the only two stairs were the ones coming into and leaving this level.
Hows This Lemming.
watchdog,Dec 11 2003, 12:28 AM Wrote:Hows This Lemming.
What?
No Threaded
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
Hail watchdog,

Perhaps I got something wrong? Since you talked about Horned Demons, and the first level that they can occur in is lvl 5, I thought you did not move on to the next level yet.
You seem to have moved on, though.
Here's all I think you need to know about the CoB, if this doesn't solve the issue, I don't know.

- Searching through lvl 6, you should find a large square room, having a solid square in the midst of it which you cannot access.
- Searching further, somewhere in lvl 6 there should be a mythical book, the trigger with which you open the solid square in the large room. When you read it, it goes like this: 'Beyond the hall of heros lies the chamber of bone. Eternal death awaits any who would seek to steal the treasures secured within this room. So speaks the Lord of Terror, and so it is written.' Simultaneously, you should hear the same sound that is played when you pulled a lever, and the stairs down to the Chamber of bone will be open.
- Go back to the large square room. In the middle, there should be stairs, surrounded by 8 pillars. Go down.
- You are now in the sub-level that is called 'chamber of bone', though the actual chamber of bone with many a skeleton in it is just a room within this sub-level. Venture deeper. You will find horned demons, hiddens and skeleton captains on your way through the small level. when you come to a medium size square room, you have found the actual chamber of bone. To the left and to the right of it, there are skull levers, each guarded by two horned demons and a hidden. These skull levers open the secret entrances to two small square rooms, situated on the right of the right corridor next to the actual chamber. The one room is guarded by 3-4 hiddens, the other by skeleton captains. Ineach room, you will find a chest that drops magical items only!
- Open the door to the actual chamber. You will have to face 30-40 skeletons and some hiddens, but if you stay in the doorway, this should be no problem. Proceed further, and you will find a last room; in this room, three horned demons and some hiddens await you. There's also a kind of quest reward, a book that let's you gain one spelllevel of the 'Guardian' spell. It will read 'Arkaine knowledge gained.'
- That's it! You just completed the sub-level and quest 'Chamber of Bone'. Congratulations...

Hope this was helpful for you. I never experienced a case in which I could read the trigger book, but wasn't able to find/ venture down the stairs, but obviously others have...
Good luck.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
If those detailed, step-by-step, fool-proof (OK, as close as you can get) instructions won't help, just start a new game. I mean, it's not as if it takes forever to get to dlvl 6.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
Hi everyone !

Quote:Simultaneously, you should hear the same sound that is played when you pulled a lever, and the stairs down to the Chamber of bone will be open.

In order to make the instructions more accurate, I must correct Fragbait and say that the Chamber of Bone is upstairs from lvl 6. That is it may be located somewhere between lvl 5 and 6 :).

SanKaiShen.