AS Monster Bonus Infomation Correct?
Hi folks!

I just looked through Arreat Summit's monster bonus information:

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/monsters/bonus.shtml

Is this information up-to-date for 1.10?

I can see at least a couple of errors:
- Cold Enchanted has never launched Frost Nova on death
- Fire Enchanted has never done 75%-100% of max hp of the corpse as damage on death
- Lightning Enchanted has never launched Charged Bolts

How about other stats?

I'm updating the monster bonus information on my weapon damage page:

http://www.hut.fi/~tgustafs/weapondamage.h...#MonsterBonuses

and therefore I'm interested in knowing.

Cheers,

Tommi
Hammer of Atur
PvE/RP World of Warcraft Guild
Argent Dawn (European RP server), Alliance side

Dwarf Campaign
Awarded Custom Campaign for Warcraft III

Tommi's Diablo II information and guides
The de facto source of Diablo II game mechanics
Quote:I can see at least a couple of errors:
- Cold Enchanted has never launched Frost Nova on death
- Fire Enchanted has never done 75%-100% of max hp of the corpse as damage on death
- Lightning Enchanted has never launched Charged Bolts

CEB has ALWAYS launched a Frost Nova upon death.
FEB has ALWAYS launched a 75-100% Corpse Explosion on an invisible corpse containing hp equal to that of the recently departed(I say invisible corpse because the body of the boss itself can still be used by necros).
LEB has ALWAYS launched charged bolts.

Edit: I DO have one gripe about their info though. According to them, FE/CE/LEB minions only gain elemental attacks in NM and Hell. That is a load of BS, as far as CEs are concerned. Anyone who has tackled Coldcrow or her clones in Act 1 will know that even after she dies, her minions still shoot arrows with cold damage.
In 1.09:
- CEB launched ColdUnique, not Frost Nova on death
- FEB launched a special Corpse Explosion on death (based on max hp in norm diff)
- LEB launched LightUnique, not Charged bolts

I don't think they have changed.
Hammer of Atur

Dwarf Campaign

Oh, I see. You meant by name. I'd venture a guess that AS was simply dumbing it down for the general public.
Tommi,Dec 11 2003, 12:36 PM Wrote:In 1.09:
- CEB launched ColdUnique, not Frost Nova on death
- FEB launched a special Corpse Explosion on death (based on max hp in norm diff)
- LEB launched LightUnique, not Charged bolts

I don't think they have changed.
Yes, AS is meant for the general public, not tech nerdies. From a normal players point of view, the things you see on the screen is a cold nova, charged bolts and so on because that is the only thing you know about and they look basically the same :)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Dunno, but it is pretty confusing to say that CEB releases Frost Nova at Monster Level on death, when it does not. B)

On the other hand, it was indeed rather ambiguous to write the errors the way I did, although it was technically correct. <_<

But let's get back to the point of this thread...
Hammer of Atur

Dwarf Campaign

I was quite interested by player reports that Blessed Hammer hits everything. There are non-demon non-undead in the game, in addition to the Magic Immune Wailing Beast, with magic resist of 70%, 50% and so on which should become immune to Blessed Hammer if they get mana burn (which includes +75% magic resist according to the AS)

Now I can imagine that people might have missed meeting the Wailing Beasts in the Act 3 Temples but I would have thought that players might encounter the 70% magic resistant Claw Vipers in Worldstone Keep with an additional mod that would make them immune

A secondary question is does the resist transfer to the minions? More broadly, what mods do now transfer to minions because this has changed quite a bit.
FE/CE/LE minions now get the boss' elemental damage with their physical attacks in Nightmare/Hell. However, CE minions will get the cold damage even in NORMAL(go fight Coldcrow, first dungeon in the Cold Plains)

Flayershaman boss mods now transfer onto their "carrier" flayer. What this means, for example, is that when you fight Witch-Doctor Endugu(I just did, earlier tonight), he will die, like any other Flayershaman, and release a Corpse Explosion, like any other fire-enchanted boss. HOWEVER, you will then see a standard flayer(carving knife and all) named Witch-Doctor Endugu, with the EXACT SAME MODS. 2 corpse explosions for the price of one. FUN, no? *sarcasm*

I would advise all hardcore players to be especially careful if they encounter a Cold Enchanted WDE in NM/Hell. A double-dose of Corpse-Explosion+Nova could prove fatal, if resists/hp are low.
Well, I see at least one tidbit that can be added - if a boss spawns Mana Burn mod, the minions will also gain Mana Burn. I am pretty sure this is true for all difficulties, I know that it is for sure true in Hell =).

The information looks like it was least tried to be updated, because some of the info is clearly only applicaple to 1.1 (such as minions gianing cold, fire abd lightning damage)
Let me specify some questions:

1. What is the "damage" AS is referring to in boss elemental bonuses (e.g. with CE)?
- e.g. Cold max damage gains +100% damage. Is "damage" min, max, avg. of normal monster damage?
- In 1.09, the normal damage of the monster was added as cold damage (min dmg to min cold dmg, max dmg to max cold dmg)

2. Extra strong: base damage = 2.5 x normal damage. True or not?
- In 1.09, Extra Strong gave 2 x damage
- Minions +75% damage: does this mean that minions gain a base damage multiplier of 1.75?

3. Have they fixed the berserker champion hit point bug?
- It reads: hit points x 1.5

4. Champions read: +33-50% elemental damage. What damage is this?

5. Have they really changed normal champion base damage multipliers to plain 2?
- In 1.09 it was more complicated, different multipliers for different difficulties, min and max had different multipliers

Cheers,

Tommi
Hammer of Atur

Dwarf Campaign

Some of the factors have been 'softcoded' to monumod.txt

constants_____*constant desc
20____________champion chance
100___________minion +hp%
75____________minion +hp% (N)
50____________minion +hp% (H)
200___________champion +hp%
150___________champion +hp% (N)
100___________champion +hp% (H)
300___________unique +hp%
200___________unique +hp% (N)
100___________unique +hp% (H)
75____________champion +tohit%
100___________champion +dmg%
50____________minion +tohit%
100___________unique +tohit%
75____________minion +dmg% (strong)
150___________unique +dmg% (strong)
0_____________minion +elem min dmg%
33____________minion +elem min dmg% (N)
33____________minion +elem min dmg% (H)
0_____________minion +elem max dmg%
50____________minion +elem max dmg% (N)
50____________minion +elem max dmg% (H)
33____________champion +elem min dmg%
33____________champion +elem min dmg% (N)
33____________champion +elem min dmg% (H)
50____________champion +elem max dmg%
50____________champion +elem max dmg% (N)
50____________champion +elem max dmg% (H)
66____________unique +elem min dmg%
66____________unique +elem min dmg% (N)
66____________unique +elem min dmg% (H)
100___________unique +elem max dmg%
100___________unique +elem max dmg% (N)
100___________unique +elem max dmg% (H)

Thanks, Ruvanal.

It seems that the lower number of +elemental Dmg % is the one applied to the minimum elemental damage and the higher one the one which is applied to the maximum elemental damage.

I understand that unique +elemental damage% is used by CE, FE, LE, and SH, but what does champion +elem min/max dmg influence? I can only gues that may be it is used by champions that deal elemental damage, and champion +dmg% is applied to only champions which deal physical damage. Might be totally wrong though. :huh:

Edit: Yet another question came to my mind. From the listing, it seems that all these mods might be additive. I.e. Extra Strong mod would not increase the damage of Cold Enchanted mod, or Fanaticism Aura for that matter. Just guessing though. In 1.09, Extra Strong was counted into base damage and thus it stacked with Fanaticism aura, which modified base damage.

Cheers,

Tommi
Hammer of Atur

Dwarf Campaign

Tommi,Dec 12 2003, 12:16 PM Wrote:but what does champion +elem min/max dmg influence? I can only gues that may be it is used by champions that deal elemental damage
Could be a good guess, yes.
Another possibility (but far less likely) would be that it represents the cold damage from "Ghostly" champions.

Which begs the question... what of the different champion types? They don't seem to figure in that file, only the generic "champion" type.
So how are the stats for Possessed, Berserker, Fanatic and Ghostly champions calculated ?
-------------
adamantine,Dec 12 2003, 05:09 PM Wrote:Since it doesn't seem to have been said, the file Ruvanal mentioned has info on what mods transfer on uniques to minions, which is all except for aura (but that's obvious).
You sad "all mods", but there are some mods that do not transfer (or do not transfer fully?), such as multishot and teleport. Some I am not sure about, such as Cursed (I am not sure if I remember being cursed by minions; I don't think they do carry that property), and the resistances (minions don't gain resists AFAIK, or they would be immune to the same element as their boss?). But Mana Burn does carry over.

I guess the question here is what exactly is transferred for the mods listed that are listed in xfer column? =\
As I mentioned above. Cold Enchanted will grant minions freezing attacks in normal(and NM/Hell, as contrasted to ONLY NM/Hell for LEB/FEB). May only apply to ranged attackers, not 100% sure.
Quote:You said "all mods"

Indeed I did, and the file said so, and the file was wrong, and I didn't think for a second about that. :(

Stuff in the .txt's could be all wrong, or stuff in the code could be all wrong, or stuff that shows in the game could be all wrong - so you need to mix experience/knowledge of all of these, and my posts usually contain a 1/10th of the needed.
Alright, I now updated the page:

http://www.hut.fi/~tgustafs/weapondamage.html

Since many bonus interactions are untested for 1.10, I put all these bonuses to affect total damage, but added notes that it might be otherwise, too.

Plus, I made some clarifications, such as moving "/ 100" from all bonus values to damage formulas.
Hammer of Atur

Dwarf Campaign

Hmm I just saw a Magic Resistant boss in normal, which according to the monumod.txt is not supposed to spawn... I am not sure what that means, but something is weird here =\
They may not be allowed to spawn RANDOMLY. Superuniques like Bonebreaker and Bone Ash(I think) are MR in Normal.