Frrost Nova Sorcie - opinions please ?
Yeah, thread necromancy and all that, but I'm curious. How did Act 5 go?
NIIIIITTT!!!

Quote:Rhyme(ShaeEth) Shield:

Cannot be Frozen (Hah! Who's the smurf now? Didn't work against Holy Freeze, and I think it still doesn't.)
40% Faster Block Rate(For those cases when you actually blocked)
20% Increased Chance of Blocking(ditto)
Regenerate Mana 15% (a sweet +30% regen already, with Stealth)
+25% to all Resistances (Always welcome)
+25% to Magic Find (Useful)
+50% Extra Gold from Monsters (ditto)
Clvl Required: 17

Gotcha, AKK. :whistling:

Shael rune requires clvl 29, so Rhyme shield can only be used starting clvl 29, not 17. :D

I will admit, I got addicted to Rhymes. :whistling: CBF is a handy affix.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Dec 23 2004, 05:45 PM Wrote:CBF is a handy affix.[right][snapback]63432[/snapback][/right]

Well, if we're nitting, CBF isn't an affix. ;-)
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,Dec 23 2004, 02:43 PM Wrote:Well, if we're nitting, CBF isn't an affix. ;-)
[right][snapback]63448[/snapback][/right]

What are you talking about?

The Jade Do Tan Unique Kris, has an affix "Cannot Be FRozen." CBF, correct?

Are we speaking the same language here, or not? What am I missing here?

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Dec 24 2004, 08:02 AM Wrote:What are you talking about? 

The Jade Do Tan Unique Kris, has an affix "Cannot Be FRozen." CBF, correct?

Are we speaking the same language here, or not?  What am I missing here?

Occhi
[right][snapback]63480[/snapback][/right]

"Affix" in this context means "prefix or suffix"; there is no prefix or suffix which confers the "cannot be frozen" property on an item (i.e. you can't buy/craft an item or find a rare with CBF on). It's a fixed property of specific uniques and sets.

Conversely, "half freeze duration" IS an affix - "of thawing" if memory serves correctly.

I did say it was nitty ;-)
You don't know what you're talking about.
Rohar,Dec 22 2003, 12:26 PM Wrote:First off, thanks for the advice :) I'll definitely keep in mind your advice in warmth and probably put a few more points in and then leave it.

I see what you mean about the synergy stuff .... Hmm, I've never done a sorcie with Frozen orb as a major skill before , although I've tried it as a minor skill and liked it, so I might do that. If I went that route, I might pare down Hydra to become a secondary or tertiary skill, in effect reserving for situation where I come up against cold and lightning immunes. I take your point about static field, although I've never been a big fan of SF, anyway, as it's an overused skill, especially in combo with Frozen orb, if I decided to go that way. Then again having both Hydra & Frozen Orb would require a lot of pre-reqs which would take any from skill points for my main skills , plus might be quite uber, and I'm trying to have a somewhat variant build here, so that is something to think about too. Perhaps I should go for a lower fire skill instead in that case. Opinions, comments anyone ?

Rohar
[right][snapback]33529[/snapback][/right]

My old Tri-Elementalist (pre-1.10):
Hydra
Frozen Orb
Charged Bolt

Worked like a charge. I hadn't nearly the sheer killing speed of the ever-popular Firewall sorcy, but I could hold my own against ANYTHING. It was quite fun, and the build was centered totally around staying AWAY from my enemies and letting my spells do their job. Hydra was by far and away my bread & butter skill, so it got lots of attention, as did Fire Mastery. One (maybe a few more, if I could spare them) into Cold Mastery was sufficient (+skills), and only 1 in Lightning Mastery, and I was pretty much set. All I had to do was manage my mana, and my positioning.

You won't be a speed-demon when it comes to killing, but you'll have LOTS of tactical play that can breathe entirely new life into the game. At least, I did. But then, this WAS pre-1.10. I haven't touched D2 since 1.10. :P

Good luck in any case, and keep us informed.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
lfd,Dec 24 2004, 04:57 AM Wrote:"Affix" in this context means "prefix or suffix"; there is no prefix or suffix which confers the "cannot be frozen" property on an item (i.e. you can't buy/craft an item or find a rare with CBF on).  It's a fixed property of specific uniques and sets.

Conversely, "half freeze duration" IS an affix - "of thawing" if memory serves correctly.

I did say it was nitty ;-)
[right][snapback]63485[/snapback][/right]

Got it, "mod" versus "affix." :D

Occhi
In Memory of Pete