Cleansing bug?
The stat for poison resist length on items is called item_poisonlengthresist. And on Cleansing item_poisonlengthresist.

Now what confuses me is that stat on Cleasing reduces as you put more points into it (aurastatcalc2: 100-dm34)! So when it says "poison length reduced by 90%", it means it gives 10% poison length resist!

Am I missing something, as in Cleansing has some hidden way that it's working, and what about its supposed curse resist, I don't find a mention of that?
adamantine,Dec 19 2003, 09:55 PM Wrote:Now what confuses me
You have "she blinded me with Science!" syndrome.

Testing is a sure cure. :)
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
Okay, I set the param's min/max to 99/100, and both poison and curses were gone in a second. That makes no sense. :blink:
You are missing the subtle difference of "reduced by" as opposed to "reduced to". If I reduce something by 90% that means I have reduced it to 10%. If I reduce something to 90% that means I have have only reduced it by 10%.
The stat which is shown in the mpq's for Cleansing is

item_poisonlengthresist

The stat which is converted in name to "Poison Length Reduced by x%" is

item_poisonlengthresist

and should be capped at 75%.

From the mpq's, the more points you put into the skill, the less amount of the stat "Poison Length Reduced by x%" you get, down to only 10%.

That does not make sense. [/me refrains from starting to talk about Chewbacca]
adamantine,Dec 20 2003, 08:06 PM Wrote:item_poisonlengthresist

and should be capped at 75%.
No, the item_poisonlengthresist is defined in the ItemStatCost.txt file to have possible range of 235 to -20 (Save Bits=8, Save Add=20). This effect on items is to normally adjust the players hidden stat of poisonlengthresist. Since there are no provisions in the game to effect this stat except through the items or active skills, there was no reason to list out any save data parameters for it. It is the poisonlengthresist that has the cap of 75% on it.

I suspect that the skill (or aura state) itself is just using the stored value of item_poisonlengthresist to hold the amount of reduction to do. It will then just copy that value over to the other appropriate values to apply the reductions. To see just what is going on would involve digging into the game with a debugger while running.
Quote:The stat which is shown in the mpq's for Cleansing is

item_poisonlengthresist

The stat which is converted in name to "Poison Length Reduced by x%" is

item_poisonlengthresist

Quote:Okay, I set the param's min/max to 99/100, and both poison and curses were gone in a second.

Does this mean that item_poisonlengthresist gained from "Poison Length Reduced by x%" also reduces curse lengths? Or does Cleansing use some other property for this?

:unsure:
Cleansing and Fade will reduce the amount of time shrines hover over you. Which sort of makes sense, since curses and shrines are essentially the same thing(which is why you can overwrite a curse with a shrine and vice versa)
GentlemanLoser,Dec 22 2003, 10:01 PM Wrote: 
No, listen to what Ruvanal says, I'm just a babbling loonie. :D
AtomicKitKat,Dec 23 2003, 04:34 PM Wrote:Cleansing and Fade will reduce the amount of time shrines hover over you. Which sort of makes sense, since curses and shrines are essentially the same thing(which is why you can overwrite a curse with a shrine and vice versa)
Other fun tricks: have a "friendly" necro curse you to overwrite the IM you hate getting in CS from OKs; have a venom (slvl 1) friendly assassin whack you to stop that mega poison (silly when you could just use an antidote potion, I know).

My definition of "friendly" above is: hostile, but not really.

It causes some bad/comical client/server desync, but cursing a player with Slow Missiles can also be quite fun.

But the most amusing of all, to my way of thinking, is fooling around with Rabies. You can get Rabies carriers that themselves are taking no damage. And the real hilarity is this: the carrier of the Rabies ("victim" of the "friendly" druid) infects monsters, which, if they die from it, give xp/kill credit to the rabies druid (not the infection passer).

This would be a little bit like Thorns, if that always gave the kill credit to the aura caster (and not the damage reflectee). Frankly I don't know who gets kill credit in that case (or if it has changed in various D2 versions).

Last I checked kill credit for confuse/attract is generous (to the player). You really can't really on AS or intuition for this stuff (needs testing), as the recent posts about perpetual "1st kill" TC drops show.

Also, in beta, in case you missed the post, I pointed out that charges of Confuse will (stil, in release?) strip the boss aura from minions and other local monsters, which acts as a kind of "dispel magic" if you really don't like the aura in question.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
Heiho,

CO will change aura behaviour of normal nearby monsters, not bosspack minion classified ones - regardless if they are minions of the aura-enchanted boss or minions of some nearby bosspack. So, foeish boss auras like conviction will affect the CO'd _nonminion_ monsters,
and they'll loose friendly boss auras like Might.

During the beta AT worked the same way, but in the final this is rechanged to the pre1.10 behaviour.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
AtomicKitKat,Dec 23 2003, 04:34 PM Wrote:Cleansing and Fade will reduce the amount of time shrines hover over you. Which sort of makes sense, since curses and shrines are essentially the same thing(which is why you can overwrite a curse with a shrine and vice versa)
Heh. I thought it was just me being silly. I always thought my trapsin was being shortchanged on shrines. <_<