Lightning Hose
Is in still there?
No. The bug has been fixed :).
That's okay Diablo and the Clone still use it. Just let your rouge get fried by one of them and pretend that she's shooting.

AFAIK, the hose was only attainable with hacked items, so it should make no difference to legit players.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
No. It was attainable with legit items. As long as you gave your rogue exactly +3 skills (using +all skills or +amazon skills), you got the lightning hose. However, there is absolutely no doubt that this was a bug.
To get the rouge use Diablo's skill you needed to give her something like 54(?) to skills, what was obviously only possible with hacked items.

The "lightning hose" referred to here is the simple skill that she attained at +3 to skills.

Mind you, I am glad it's gone; it was so hard to avoid getting it. I always found they're more effective with arrows and knockback... I only wish they left in the +1 and +2 bonuses; it was rather useful to have them firing fire/cold arrows all the time.
In the changelog IIRC it says that +3 amazon skills no longer make the hose, does +3 all skills do it?
No. The bug has been fixed.
As much as I can tell, the + skills only affect the inner sight level. So not only the +3 skill effect have been removed, but the +1 and +2 skills as well.
Caaroid,Dec 24 2003, 08:43 PM Wrote:As much as I can tell, the + skills only affect the inner sight level. So not only the +3 skill effect have been removed, but the +1 and +2 skills as well.
The +skills will also be effecting the fire/cold arrows too, but that is hard to discern during normal play.
I was just too eager to express my distress over loosing my aways-fire-arrow shooting mercenary :)
Quote:but that is hard to discern during normal play.
Not a lot harder than with inner sight :)
In a PvP type of test you could relatively easy time the duration a single casting of the IS to determine is level (duration=8 sec + 4 sec/additional level). Spotting the differences in a couple levels of difference in the two arrow skills can be somewhat harder (minior differences in the added fire cold damage and minor difference in the converted variable-physical to elemental damage). Which is easier to tease out without modding the game do you think?

Edit: btw, in v1.09 that 'normal' arrow that was being morphed to a "fire arrow" was more of just a graphics look. The damage was that of a normal arrow shot with 2 to 4 points of fire damage added to it and using the same fire arrow graphic as the other 'fire arrows' elsewhere in the game. Not the improvement that you mistakenly thought it was (converting 50% physical to fire as the Fire Arrow skill did in v1.09).
If you think I got as far as actually estimate any damage conversion. I just thought it looked pretty :)

Besides, in case of cold arrow (+2 skill), they did slow monsters down
If you want pretty, just give your rogue a bow that fires explosive or magic arrows. No need to exploit any bugs for that ;).
Caaroid,Dec 25 2003, 08:57 PM Wrote:If you think I got as far as actually estimate any damage conversion. I just thought it looked pretty :)

Besides, in case of cold arrow (+2 skill), they did slow monsters down
You could have gotten the same effect by socketing a chipped saphire in the bow if you were looking for that cold damage and chill effect. There were better ways to achieve those two results than trying to get +skills to make the graphics change.
Quote: You could have gotten the same effect by socketing a chipped saphire in the bow if you were looking for that cold damage and chill effect. There were better ways to achieve those two results than trying to get +skills to make the graphics change.

She was using cliffkiller. It had knockback, and all the other niceties, but neither leech nor cold damage. But it had the +2 to skills, thus solving this problem. Her other equipment had no cold damage either (tals mask, surprise surprise, for leech and resist and life, and the exceptional leather armor with leech, don't know the name at the moment). And I guess I don't have to point it out to someone who knows so much about the game mechanics like you do that one needs a SHAEL and 2 of fevor jewels to make the rogues reach 12 frames with a cliffkiller, thus sapphires or other socketed cold damage was out of the question. :(

Anyway, I don't want to whine about it, it's just I really liked that effect, and am sad that it's gone. Well, not REALLY sad, it's just a silly lil game after all. Not even the chaning of the ES mechanics saddens me; I'd just rather have it back :)
You know what's even prettier than a rogue with fire arrows? An enchantress and a rogue, both with kuko :)
(Don't try this in HC though, hell Frenzytaurs regularly dine from me :))