Ethereal set items
Just as the title says, can you find an ethereal set item? It occured to me after I found Aldur's Advance Battle Boots. They are indestructable, but the mod seems useless unless they are ethereal.

Just wanted to know. Thanks,

--Kartoffelsalat
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Set items will never spawn ethereal.

Your statement about the indestructible mod doesn't make sense, though, since items that have the indestructible mod also can never spawn ethereal*. So even if Aldur's Advance was a unique item, it couldn't be ethereal, because it's indestructible.

The indestructible mod on those boots means they never have to be repaired. Nothing more. Nothing less.

* The only exceptions are the items Ethereal Edge, Shadow Killer and Ghostflame, which have both the indestructible mod and the always-ethereal mod.
I had no idea that indestructable unique items would never spawn ethereal. Does this apply for "of the ages" magic items as well?

Thanks for the information.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Yes. Items with that suffix can't spawn ethereal, either. Nor can items that have no durability.

The only items that can be both ethereal and indestructible on spawning are the three uniques I listed. It's also possible to get ethereal indestructible items by putting a Zod in an ethereal item or by upgrading an ethereal dimensional blade to phase blade.
adeyke-

Interesting information from you and good to know, as always!

Curious to note, however, that items with a self-repair or quantity-replenish mod can spawn ethereal. That's as good as indestructibility except in very exceptional circumstances. Still can't repair charges on such items, however.

John H
Quote:The only exceptions are the items Ethereal Edge, Shadow Killer and Ghostflame, which have both the indestructible mod and the always-ethereal mod.

Just out of interest, what are those items?

On another note, unique spawning with indetructable not spawning as etheral; a new feature for 1.10? or just something that I've never come across before and has, infact, been there since forever?

-Bob
Quote:Just out of interest, what are those items?

Ethereal Edge: unique silver-edged axe
Shadow Killer: (ladder-only) unique battle cestus
Ghostflame: unique legend spike

Quote:On another note, unique spawning with indetructable not spawning as etheral; a new feature for 1.10? or just something that I've never come across before and has, infact, been there since forever?

I'm pretty sure it's been around since ethereal items were introduced in the expansion.
Hey guys,

adeyke @ Dec 25 2003, 10:57 PM Wrote:It's also possible to get ethereal indestructible items by putting a Zod in an ethereal item or by upgrading an ethereal dimensional blade to phase blade.

...and of couse the runeword Eternity! A lot easier to make than a Zod, and pretty damn good, IIRC.

-moget?