Comment On This Weapon Please
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/moxdiamand
Singaporean Diablo 2 Player.
Sometimes what you see is what you get Smile
Remember that D2 in its full blooded glory is still just a game , so don't lose too much sleep/joy over it.
If it doesn't make u happy.. it isn't worth it.
Er... What about that item?
Very good Act 2 Merc weapon IMHO.
tal125,Dec 30 2003, 04:20 PM Wrote:Very good Act 2 Merc weapon IMHO.
can ya get a merc with 210 strength? Forgive my noobishness as I've not really bothered with mercs as they seem to die a bit too quickly but 210 seems a lot for a merc.

Enlighten me :D
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe
shavenlunatic,Dec 30 2003, 11:57 AM Wrote:can ya get a merc with 210 strength?  Forgive my noobishness as I've not really bothered with mercs as they seem to die a bit too quickly but 210 seems a lot for a merc.

Enlighten me :D
Yes by clvl 97. Alternatively you can socket the item with a -% requirement jewel or a Hel rune (- 20% req) and give him items that add to strength. ;)
:o That is niiiiice. I would wish for a little more min damage though. But the maximum damage on that baby is beautiful! The 2xleech is nice, though mana doesn't apply to mercs. I have been able to get 210 str. (and more) on mercs by using Corpsemourn (+8 str) and Veil of Steel (+15 str...lucky find, I know) to get +23 str and then the socket (or 2, if you're very lucky) could use a Hel (and the other, if you are lucky again, could use a Shael or some kind of nice jewel with ed to get that lousy attack speed up). If I'm doing this right (which I'm probably not) then somewhere in the late 70s to mid-80s you could get 210 str (that is with a nm merc, which is my most often used). Anyone who knows exactly what it would be could correct me because that is a pretty rough guess.
DroopingCactus
Quote:Adeyke and people like him get tons of questions exactly like this one by people who're apparently too stupid to play without Maphack, too stupid to read the Help file that comes with the program, too stupid to turn off the socket protection when they're using Maphack, and too stupid to realize that they're stepping before the firing squad when asking questions like that in forums like this.
-AK404
I know that one can get 2 sockets in rare items from the jewelers type mod, but can you get 2 sockets from Larzuk? And would this weapon not be suitable for ww with 2 shaels?
It's the Mechanic's prefix that gives 1-2 sockets and works on rares. Jeweler's is 4 sockets and is magic-only.

Larzuk will still just give 1 socket to rare items.
:unsure: Oops. You're right. I misstated that (mis-stated).
DroopingCactus
Quote:Adeyke and people like him get tons of questions exactly like this one by people who're apparently too stupid to play without Maphack, too stupid to read the Help file that comes with the program, too stupid to turn off the socket protection when they're using Maphack, and too stupid to realize that they're stepping before the firing squad when asking questions like that in forums like this.
-AK404
tal125,Dec 30 2003, 04:20 PM Wrote:Very good Act 2 Merc weapon IMHO.
Act 2 NM Defensive merc?
what kind of weapons can he use anyway
polearms and?
Remember that D2 in its full blooded glory is still just a game , so don't lose too much sleep/joy over it.
Any act 2 merc can use spears or polearms.
SingaporeanD2er, don't do that to me!! I was happily drinking some water, looked at the image, and saw that max damage. :blink: *choke* *choke*
And, since javelins are a subset of spears, they can use those, too. They'll still only use it as single mêlée weapon, though, and can't use a shield.

And the amazon-specific spears and javelins don't work.
True, but javelins tend to do much less melee damage, and since they can't use a shield, I forgot about it. :P *mumbles about adeyke still giving more information than me even when I get there first :rolleyes: *
Hey,

I'll wager that item was upgraded using the cube formulae. I'd socket that bad boy with a perfect ruby jewel of freedom (or scintillating if need be). If you're going to give it to a merc, wish it was ethereal! If it was...wow! :blink:

Code:
Normal damage:  78-762
    ...with jewel:   85-828
       ...ethereal: 118-1143
             ...both: 128-1242

THATS DISGUSTING. :ph34r:

BTW - with jewel of freedom it would require 179 strength, or normal mode merc level 79, nightmare mode merc level 81. Not too bad ;)

-moget?
Quote:I'll wager that item was upgraded using the cube formulae.

You'd lose that wager.

Both the cruel prefix and the colossus voulge base item require clvl 48.

Because of the level requirement addition for upgrade recipes, such an item resulting from an exceptional base would require clvl 55 and one from a normal base would require clvl 60.

Since the item requires 48, it was already elite to start.
too bad its not ethereal...
Sorry, there is no trading allowed here.

-Griselda