The Controlls
when i installed d2 i didn't have a scroll wheel, and now that i have installed one i want to set the next skill/prevous skill to the scroll. Right now i have it fixed temporalilly by setting mouse three to next skill.
The wind has no destination.
I'm replying to myself because I FINNALLY discovered a solution and sombody might need it.

I had used the softward for the mouse in adition to the drivers they suplied.
These added added functionality. BUT, prevented it from being seen by diablo.

In thory it could have been added to the exclusion list, but that didn't seem to work.

A full uninstall of the software sweet did.

I found this advice, of all places, on a wolfenstine: Enemy Teritory website as a major faq item
Could it be that nobody replied because the original post was all but illegible, and would have taken long minutes of deciphering to figure out what you were saying and what the question was? Unless, that is, I'm suffering from some sort of sudden mental disability, and the rest of you have no problems with this kind of speech?

Aside from all that, I'm glad you got it to work!
I understood the post perfectly fine.
Maybe it is just you...
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
*nods* kind of embarrising concidering that was my very first post here, and my reason for regestering back there, just a short while ago.

I thought I had asked a simmilar question at two differnt times, but no matter how I search I can't find it. I would be tempted to hit edit on my old post to make it more legable, but instead it serves as a reminder to me to think clearly, and write efectivly.
umm, i understood it perfectly as well...oh well. You wanted the wheel to change your skills, but since it didnt work you used mouse 3 instead temporarily until you could figure it out. I dont see how people didnt understand that. As far as i can tell the only problem is capitalization, and i really dont see that confusing anyone.
*nods*

I don't tend to capatalise much.
It's just not my style. Though in turn I abuse the return key, and create more then enough paragraph breaks. I guess it's a trade off. Then again, here I seem to have gotten into the habbit after a few months. It must be enviromental inflance.

The trouble with setting the button to mouse three, and then telling the game to use mouse three, is that it only scrolled in one dirrection. It reduced the usefullness by more then half. Especially as a click takes longer then to simply turn the wheele a number of notches.

I can now move my right aura hotkeys to completely unused space, and then focus the ones I do need right together under my left hand.
Theres a lot of un-needed 1st post bullying goes on here IMO. Sometimes it's needed, sometimes its completely un-called for. Ive been on the #$%& end of that stick before and struggled to feel welcome

The start of the thread was fine as far as i'm concerned, not hard to read at all. I wouldn't worry about it dude
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe
(I'm on a Mac running 10.3.2, so this may not apply to everyone.)

If I use the scroll wheel to change my right-button skill selection, it usually works perfectly and I find this much more convenient than hitting the hotkey button with my left hand. However...

If I've switched the left-button skill, when I move the scroll wheel it does not smoothly shift the right-button skill "up" or "down" - instead it jumps to some other skill instead of the next one in the sequence. This is usually only a minor annoyance, but I was wondering if anyone else gets this behavior and if someone might have discovered a way to prevent it.

Thanks,
John H
thanks, but there's one thing I am not satasfied with.

I posted this in november, and nobody payed any atention to it, until I solved it myself. With help from another webpage that was completely non related.
...I posted this in november, and nobody payed any atention to it,...

Hmm, funny that nobody noticed it then. I guess that the original threads on getting the mouse wheel to work have been lost, I know that I had posted a link to one of my freebie websites where I put up an illustrated walk-through on getting it to work.

How could I have missed this request for help? Let me see, November, November, what was I doing in November? Oh, right, I was playing Diablo! :)

-rcv-
Nightwind,Feb 23 2004, 06:21 AM Wrote:thanks, but there's one thing I am not satasfied with.

I posted this in november, and nobody payed any atention to it, until I solved it myself.  With help from another webpage that was completely non related.
first off: you are right, any request for help should get a reply. even a "sorry, I have no idea" from time to time to keep it at the top of the forum list :)

I can only imagine that the very last day of last year (and not november!) is in the middel of holidays for many people.
I myself tend to skip over hardware technical questions, because I am not very knowledgeable in that area.
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining, or testing your
code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
If my memory serves me right, didn't LL go offline for a few weeks in the November area? I cant remember the exact dates but if it was around the time that you posted then that may explain it.
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe
I also did not read your post last december, I had more important things to do at that time like drinking champaign and wine with my friends, in a house with no phone line and internet connection.
Anyway I'm not sure I completely understand your question, so I will just tell how I change my skills, and maybe I will also learn some new things. (because I'm not a real expert in these things)

I always put my mouse pointer on a skill in the skilltree on the rightclick side, then I press a functionbutton to set the skill. After that I just scroll the wheel to change skills. During playing I never use the function-keys, only the mouse. I know of no way to change the skill on the left hand side during playing, so I always keep that one the same.

Further I can say that I have had lot's of computerproblems, especially with diablo (the game crashed on and on while the rest of the computer was doing fine, but it turned out that there were several parts physically broken....just in time for the warrantee) but my mouse alwas worked fine (USB2 is perfect).
channel1,Feb 23 2004, 03:46 AM Wrote:...I posted this in november, and nobody payed any atention to it,...

Hmm, funny that nobody noticed it then.  I guess that the original threads on getting the mouse wheel to work have been lost, I know that I had posted a link to one of my freebie websites where I put up an illustrated walk-through on getting it to work.

How could I have missed this request for help?  Let me see, November, November, what was I doing in November?  Oh, right, I was playing Diablo! :)

-rcv-
I would still apreciate that link.
I figure it would help should anybody else need the help.

I think I was over reacting on my last post in this thread. Because of the tone of one of the replies. Now that I have setteled in more, I realise that one was the exception, not the rule, and apologise in turn for my attitude. Worst case senario here is that sombody else finds one of the threads with the solution in it, next time a company packages a mouse with software that prevents other programs from seeing some of it's functions down at the driver level.