Aura
Hello All, :)

I have a quick question.

Myztyk has achieved the heady height of clvl 20 (limited game-time is a real drag). Thus reaching his slvl 18 Holy Freeze skill and acquiring his Normal Act 2/Holy Aim mercenary (with a unpronouncable name). Myztyk immediately turned on Holy Freeze and "no name" turned on what I am assuming is Holy Aim (little, expanding, circle of red lines?), a day and a half later.

On to my question. The blue fog of Holy Freeze, residing around my feet, goes on and off. When it goes on, it makes an ominous sound letting me know the fog is back. When the fog disappears, does this mean that it is not working? That it has shut off? If so, why does it shut off? I am not switching between auras or skills so I don't think that should be the reason.

Now that I am writing this, other questions come to mind.
(1) Why doesn't the blue fog ever appear around my mercenaries feet? This IS a shared aura isn't it?
(2) Is the 4-5 cold damage added to Myztyk's bow or is the 20-25 cold damage to attack added to the bow or are both added to the bow's base damage?
(3) Is Burst of Speed a skill that can be found on a piece of jewelry? Either a ring or an amulet.
(4) This is a rhetorical question. Why don't paladins have companions/minions like the druids, necromancers, assassins and amazons?

So far, having only 3 skill points in Holy Freeze and 10 skill points in Resist Cold, doesn't seem to be making a significant difference. Myztyk is a lumbering archer who is slow to target. I realize I should be pumping dexterity, but I am a bit apprehensive, in the case that I find the sweetest, end-of-the-game armor in existance and I am only 100 experience points short of equipping it. That is the usual way I find really good armor, right after I have expended all of my experience points on another attribute.

Anyhow, I await your enlightenment,
Myztyk :)
". . . and there never grew up in any of the continents of the globe nor upon any planet or satellite or star, nor upon the asteroids, nor in any part of ethereal space, nor in the midst of density, nor under the fluid wet of the sea, nor in that condition which precedes the birth of babes, nor at any time during the changes of life, nor in that condition that follows what we term death, nor in any stretch of abeyance or action afterward of vitality, nor in any process of formation or reformation anywhere, a being whose instinct hated the truth."
-- Walt Whitmam
If you're under the influence of multiple auras, it'll cycle through the graphics of each. It's only graphical, though. You still benefit from all the auras.

Quote:(1) Why doesn't the blue fog ever appear around my mercenaries feet? This IS a shared aura isn't it?

It's not a shared aura. The aura-bearer gets bonus cold damage and the nearby monsters get chilled and damaged. The merc gains no benefit at all.

Quote:(2) Is the 4-5 cold damage added to Myztyk's bow or is the 20-25 cold damage to attack added to the bow or are both added to the bow's base damage?

The 20-25 cold damage gets added to the bow. The 4-5 damage is pulsed on all nearby monsters.

Quote:(3) Is Burst of Speed a skill that can be found on a piece of jewelry? Either a ring or an amulet.

Burst of Speed isn't found on any item, unless you count the +1-3 Burst of Speed (assassin only) possible as staffmod on assassin claws.

Quote:(4) This is a rhetorical question. Why don't paladins have companions/minions like the druids, necromancers, assassins and amazons?

I won't answer, because it's a rhetorical question :P.
Holy freeze, Holy fire, and Holy shock aren't shared auras. I don't think sanctuary is either. Conviction effects enemy monsters. All other auras are shared.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Redemption's not shared either. And it could now be noted that, while fanaticism is shared, only you get the full ED; others get half the amount.
Just a humorous note and a "thank you" to adeyke for mentioning the pulsing effect of Holy Freeze. Now that Myztyk has climbed the clvl-heights to 37 and has 20 skill points in Holy Freeze, it is amusing to stand around, like a necromancer, and watch as my Holy Aim mercenary attacks a small group of four or five adversaries. He picks a particular individual out of the group, while the others try to pulverize him, and I stand back and count pulses, while watching their life-levels dwindle. On the final pulse, be it two or three or four, my mercenary's adversary pops into so many ice fragments and the others scream and fall over dead. It is rather funny to watch. I can imagine the surprised look on my mercenary's face and him wondering, "What the heck is going on?"
". . . and there never grew up in any of the continents of the globe nor upon any planet or satellite or star, nor upon the asteroids, nor in any part of ethereal space, nor in the midst of density, nor under the fluid wet of the sea, nor in that condition which precedes the birth of babes, nor at any time during the changes of life, nor in that condition that follows what we term death, nor in any stretch of abeyance or action afterward of vitality, nor in any process of formation or reformation anywhere, a being whose instinct hated the truth."
-- Walt Whitmam