Let's kill that "boss" one more time...
I was doing some testing and noticed I was standing next to a Monster Shrine (SP, v1.10).

I'd probably killed most of the fallen near me before (a shaman nearby was rezzing them).

Anyway one of the Fallen turned into a LEB.

However I didn't notice any LE sparks ever (well, I couldn't figure out a way to "tap" him without one-hit killing him, so that might taint the test).

But the fun part is the Shaman keep rezzing him too (each time he comes back I cursor him and see the LEB etc.).

I must have killed him ten times before I tired of the absurdity.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
Quote:However I didn't notice any LE sparks ever (well, I couldn't figure out a way to "tap" him without one-hit killing him, so that might taint the test).

Fought Rakanishu lately? It works the same for him, I'm thinking it might have something to do with them being 'small'. Otherwise it's related to hit recovery - when that happens the sparks are delayed untill the hit-recovery is over - so if they die in one hit?

Try Dragon Tail (erh, the exploding one) - at first it gives 1 spark, then when hit-recovery is over (from knockback) 5 in the same spot (it's thick anyway).

Quote:But the fun part is the Shaman keep rezzing him too (each time he comes back I cursor him and see the LEB etc.).

Yeah I noticed this as well with monster shrine > rezzy (was a fallen too though)

The /e/f/c's enchantments are so bugged it's not funny - Blizz should have changed to something less primitive ages ago.
adamantine,Jan 7 2004, 03:25 PM Wrote:Otherwise it's related to hit recovery - when that happens the sparks are delayed untill the hit-recovery is over - so if they die in one hit?
Ah, that explains my long-ago observation that Smite (and other knockback LEB against a barrier) worked well (i.e. re-apply before the prior hit recovery is complete).

I suppose this means having a chain Leap casting barb or two in your party would negate LEBs.

You raise an interesting question vs. LE beetles... you can turn off their LE for being hit if you freeze them, but they still LE upon death--so perhaps the death LE could be turned off as well, by knockback (perhaps something tricky, like knockback while poison/OW finishes them off... for technical details I'm interested in trivia even when utility isn't present).

Quote:Try Dragon Tail (erh, the exploding one) - at first it gives 1 spark, then when hit-recovery is over (from knockback) 5 in the same spot (it's thick anyway).
Interesting. I'd love to hear the technical explanation for this (I wonder, if you added NextDelay to DragonTailMissile if it would still occur?)

Quote:The /e/f/c's enchantments are so bugged it's not funny - Blizz should have changed to something less primitive ages ago.
Amen.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
Hey,

I'm wondering if this bug could be exploited for either drops or experience. I mean...the experience from a few dozen unique monster kills is nothing to be scoffed at. Although, the resurection might nullify the kill experience after the first. <_< As for the drops, do they drop after being revived?

--moget?
Quote:I'm wondering if this bug could be exploited for either drops or experience. I mean...the experience from a few dozen unique monster kills is nothing to be scoffed at. Although, the resurection might nullify the kill experience after the first. As for the drops, do they drop after being revived?

No to all of it. :)
This whole thing reminds me of a "salsa" STSI from WAAAAAY back. :)
AtomicKitKat,Jan 8 2004, 07:12 AM Wrote:This whole thing reminds me of a "salsa" STSI from WAAAAAY back.
Number 6, in fact!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.