Quick Question
Could someone help me with this?

My Necro and Barbarian are both ladder characters, is this a good thing? Bad thing? Input please?
"The future is blurry, the past unclear, all you have is now and here..." ~ Telveck
The big difference between non-ladder characters and ladder characters is that non-ladder characters can join only non-ladder games, while ladder characters can join only ladder games...

There are also some uniques and recipes that work only on ladder (or SP, etc.), and ladder is a bit more difficult.
In exactly what ways is ladder more difficult? I have never seen the details posted.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
You should go to Areat Summit first, as it contains many details you want to know.

To make it simple, click here for Ladder FAQ:
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/faq/ladder.shtml

For Difficulty Details:
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/ch...ctertypes.shtml

BTW I think it is impossible to give you complete details about how the games change on Ladder, since Blizzard control the server site, and no one else is able to open MPQ files then. :D

Many new Unique Item and Cube Recipes can only be found in Ladder Games(also spawned in other types of games except for STD games on BN). You may be interested in this link:
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/
i thought the main difference was that the ladder was going to be reset on occasion and started from scratch. i.e. you lose all characters and equipment.

I just thought that we were waiting from bliz to sort their heads out and decide upon a cycle time for the ladder.
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe
You won't lose the characters and equipment. They'll just become non-ladder.
Pansesus,Jan 10 2004, 07:18 PM Wrote:You should go to Areat Summit first, as it contains many details you want to know.
Thanks, there was somewhat more detail there than I had remembered, but it is really not all that specific. I thought for sure someone must have studied the issue thoroughly by now.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
damnit, I would have made all my chars ladder had I known.

So, I'm a little confused, whats the 'point' of ladder again? heheh
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
shavenlunatic,Jan 13 2004, 04:45 AM Wrote:So, I'm a little confused, whats the 'point' of ladder again? heheh
Personal choices: Take your pick which might apply to you and your tastes.

1) The ladder was an attempt to make a 'clean' economy for each re-set. Players start completely anew with brand new characters, so (initially) there are no dupes or hacked items.

2) If you are a die-hard player, it is a chance to show your dedication by getting your character's name on the ladder.

3) In v1.10 there are recipes for cubing and items that can drop that do not exist in regular Realm play. These items will eventually enter the realms when the next ladder re-set takes place, but those who did not play ladder will have to trade for them.

4) The game is slightly harder in terms of numbers of monsters generated and their speed.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

ShadowHM,Jan 13 2004, 12:28 PM Wrote:
shavenlunatic,Jan 13 2004, 04:45 AM Wrote:So, I'm a little confused, whats the 'point' of ladder again? heheh
Personal choices: Take your pick which might apply to you and your tastes.

1) The ladder was an attempt to make a 'clean' economy for each re-set. Players start completely anew with brand new characters, so (initially) there are no dupes or hacked items.

2) If you are a die-hard player, it is a chance to show your dedication by getting your character's name on the ladder.

3) In v1.10 there are recipes for cubing and items that can drop that do not exist in regular Realm play. These items will eventually enter the realms when the next ladder re-set takes place, but those who did not play ladder will have to trade for them.

4) The game is slightly harder in terms of numbers of monsters generated and their speed.
owwwww.... Damnit, I wish I'd started ladder now. Although I am struggling in Hell on normal, more monsters spawning I DONT need..lol :D
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe