ethereals
Quote: Nah, my plan was to play classic, get the AW, then upgrade it to expansion.

Ah. That'd make sense. However, I don't think there are actually any items that can spawn in 1.10 CD2 but not in 1.10 D2X. None that I can think of right now, at least.

Quote:I still wish they'd kept the old AW(under a different name) The page just looks so uneven without a unique crystal sword.

I'd be inclined to agree. But then, I think there should also be uniques for all the class-specifics, all the throwing weapons, and all the missing elites. And set items for a lot of them, too. It's not happening, though.
adeyke,Feb 1 2004, 12:26 AM Wrote:
Quote:I still wish they'd kept the old AW(under a different name) The page just looks so uneven without a unique crystal sword.

I'd be inclined to agree. But then, I think there should also be uniques for all the class-specifics, all the throwing weapons, and all the missing elites. And set items for a lot of them, too. It's not happening, though.
That one day, elite uniques will be balanced with all the other items, not just the Runewords that start with Vex and end in Hel El Eld Zod Eth. I have a dream that one day, all classes will have useful uniques, and that there isn't one Class specific unique that rules them all. *cough* Titan's Revenge *cough* The Occulus *cough*
adeyke,Jan 19 2004, 07:50 PM Wrote:That means that, for any combination of the above that doesn't include "of Transcendence" (but which does include one of the clvl 48 requirement affixes, like cruel), the following still applies:
A phase blade found like that would require clvl 54+ to use (and there's no way for it to be ethereal).
A dimensional blade upgraded to phase blade would require clvl 59+ to use.
A crystal sword upgraded to dimensional blade and then to phase blade would require clvl 66+ to use.

If it does include "of Transcendence", the numbers are a bit higher:
A phase blade found like that would require clvl 68+ to use (and there's no way for it to be ethereal).
A dimensional blade upgraded to phase blade would require clvl 73+ to use.
A crystal sword upgraded to dimensional blade and then to phase blade would require clvl 80+ to use.
Quote:A phase blade found like that would require clvl 54+ to use (and there's no way for it to be ethereal).
A dimensional blade upgraded to phase blade would require clvl 59+ to use.

shouldn't it be clvl 61+?

and

Quote:If it does include "of Transcendence", the numbers are a bit higher:
A phase blade found like that would require clvl 68+ to use (and there's no way for it to be ethereal).
A dimensional blade upgraded to phase blade would require clvl 73+ to use.

shouldn't it be clvl 75+?

I just got this wep. and it has lvl 75 req.
442 ed + 19 min
Quote:shouldn't it be clvl 61+?

Right.

Quote:shouldn't it be clvl 75+?

Right.

I'd gotten the +5 and the +7 mixed up. Mea culpa.
Just a random reply to a very old thread... but I found a phase blade with the ability "repairs 1 durability in xx seconds". It seems there are lots of useless mods that can appear on items that don't need them. Isn't it "indestructible" can't appear on non-unique ethereal items? Also, the "indestructible" magic-only property can only appear on items with durability, isn't it (ie. not on bows/xbows/throwing items and perhaps some others ==> I suppose "indestructible" won't occur on phase blades too or does it occur?)
dta,Jan 3 2005, 06:51 AM Wrote:Just a random reply to a very old thread... but I found  a phase blade with the ability "repairs 1 durability in xx seconds". It seems there are lots of useless mods that can appear on items that don't need them. Isn't it "indestructible" can't appear on non-unique ethereal items? Also, the "indestructible" magic-only property can only appear on items with durability, isn't it (ie. not on bows/xbows/throwing items and perhaps some others ==> I suppose "indestructible" won't occur on phase blades too or does it occur?)
[right][snapback]64208[/snapback][/right]

The "of Ages" affix can spawn on any armour or weapon except throwing weapons and missile weapons (bows/crossbows). That means it can spawn on phase blades.

Also, you have it backwards:
It's not that ethereal items can't get the "of Ages" suffix. It's that indestructible items can't be ethereal. The etherealness check comes at the end, after the affix selection.