Act V Reward question
What exactly does it do? I have no idea what I should inscribe, and I don't want to make a mistake.
"The future is blurry, the past unclear, all you have is now and here..." ~ Telveck
It adds the name of your character to an item. For example, you could change a cracked sash to Bob's cracked sash if your character's name is Bob. This doesn't actually do anything, aside from changing the name.
Is it possible to personalize something someone else has already personalized? (e.g. Ed's Bob's cracked sash.)

It'd be cool to get the names of all the people in a group that plays together on one item.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
No. Items that are already personalized aren't valid inputs.
Maybe in the next patch there will be a cube recipe to remove the name? One can always hope. I wish they had changed the quest to allow a normal item to be made ethereal.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
LavCat,Jan 12 2004, 12:19 AM Wrote:Maybe in the next patch there will be a cube recipe to remove the name?  One can always hope.  I wish they had changed the quest to allow a normal item to be made ethereal.
Sigh, I hope so. One can hope for ever, but Blizzard is not so generous to D2 players now.
There is one small qualifer, however, and it's a qualifier I despise.

You may name anything that can be worn, but you cannot name jewelry. Considering that jewelry is the most unique thing your character wears <_< , I find this restriction to be extremely disappointing.
Quote:Is it possible to personalize something someone else has already personalized? (e.g. Ed's Bob's cracked sash.)

As was pointed out, no, but you can personalize a set item if that sort of thing strikes your fancy. You could easily twist up a character named Sigon for Sigon's Sigon's Guard.

(I have seriously considered making a character named Russet just to have Russet's Russet Russet Armor.)
I've heard of russet_russet's russet russet armour, and divine_divine's divine divine scepter. I think it was someone here, too (obi2kenobi?).
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Yep. Along with NagaNagaNaga's Guardian Naga Naga (unfortunately, the Guardian part of her name doesn't get added to the personalization) and Sashed_Crack's Cracked Sash. :)
Hmm, I think there is one relevant point: if you personalize a runeworded item, for instance, a "Breath of the Dying" Hydra Bow when your name is Telveck, I believe your name gets attached to Hydra Bow. After personalization, you'd get

"Breath of the Dying"
Telveck's Hydra Bow

In my opinion, this is hideous and quite stupid. I mean, honestly, I would love to get an Ahvae'el's Breath of the Dying; is that too much to ask?

I could be wrong on this, but I swear that's how it worked last time I checked.

Other good candidates shot down are "Smoke" and "Lionheart." To all the stoners out there, "Smoke" is just too hilarious for you to pass up, but wait! the possibility's precluded anyway. "Lionheart"'s good for any good ol' fashioned nerd out there, too.

Anyway, yeah. Anya is an idiot in both her quest rewards. She screws up the whole jewelry and runeword matter.

Edit: Oh, and a 3 diamond shield beats out 99.999999999999999999999999% of the all the pally shields she's ever given, and yes, my new pally got included in the majority's bundle. I should have left her on ice, that wench.
In war, intelligence is the single greatest commodity.
Quote:Anyway, yeah. Anya is an idiot in both her quest rewards.

Quote:
Quote:Agreed. Anya THE BLIND thinks I can put Pikes in my Quiver. ~DoubleTrouble
~Farrelite
Quote: After personalization, you'd get

"Breath of the Dying"
Telveck's Hydra Bow

Correct. And you're quite right that that sucks. There are a lot of runewords that would be pretty cool when personalized. Tikkanen's Doom would be great. Lore, Hand of Justice, Delirium, Passion, Fury, Honor, Malice, Memory, Steel, Silence, Rhyme... we're deprived of all of these. Wouldn't it be cool if your mercenary relied on YourCharName's Honor?

Just as an example, you could have a character named BobMarley with personalized Rhyme, Melody (weapon switch) and Smoke. That would be pretty funny. Oh well.

Memory would have an extra significance in hardcore; my best living character has Memory. If she dies, her deeds will be remembered, but Yog-SoThoth's Memory works waaay better than Memory - Yog-SoThoth's Battle Staff.

Hey, can D2 be modded so that the personalized runewords display the way we expect?

Quote:a 3 diamond shield

Noob! Use personalized socketed Prismatic of Deflection instead! Can you get Prismatic of Deflection on a blue pally shield? With prismatic automod and a couple of sockets that'd be a pretty sweet shield...

(Portions of this post in italics are good-natured kidding.)
Obi2Kenobi,Jan 20 2004, 02:38 AM Wrote:Yep. Along with NagaNagaNaga's Guardian Naga Naga (unfortunately, the Guardian part of her name doesn't get added to the personalization) and Sashed_Crack's Cracked Sash. :)
1. Using Jamella, you can personalize every piece of equipment you own (except jewelry), and not necessarily with your own name. I may still have Armageddon_Jack's Armageddon Jack Ogre Gauntlets.

2. I want that naga in question. What realm is the owner on?
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
I am on USWest. However, the item is not for sale. You can make one for yourself on other realms.
Obi2Kenobi,Jan 21 2004, 07:40 PM Wrote:I am on USWest. However, the item is not for sale. You can make one for yourself on other realms.
If you're on USWest, it doesn't matter whether or not the item is for sale. I'm on USEast. However, I will try making one of my own, as long as there's not already a NagaNagaNaga on USEast.

Edited for spelling errors is all.
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
Ahvae'el,Jan 20 2004, 01:2 Wrote:Hmm, I think there is one relevant point: if you personalize a runeworded item, for instance, a "Breath of the Dying" Hydra Bow when your name is Telveck, I believe your name gets attached to Hydra Bow.&nbsp; After personalization, you'd get

"Breath of the Dying"
Telveck's Hydra Bow

In my opinion, this is hideous and quite stupid.&nbsp; I mean, honestly, I would love to get an Ahvae'el's Breath of the Dying; is that too much to ask?

I could be wrong on this, but I swear that's how it worked last time I checked.
Yes, I was vastly disappointed not to own "Storm-Season's Passion".

Sailboat
Well, you could always call yourself "of_the", then you could have "Passion of_the's Hydra Bow"

Or how about "strikes_*name*'s Hydra Bow"?

Rhyme "or_reason"'s Luna? :P
AtomicKitKat,Jan 30 2004, 05:31 AM Wrote:Well, you could always call yourself "of_the", then you could have "Passion of_the's Hydra Bow"

Or how about "strikes_*name*'s Hydra Bow"?

Rhyme "or_reason"'s Luna? :P
Passion of_the's Diamond Bow has a certain appeal. Or Fury of_the's Ogre Maul.