Player Killer Revenge Sorceress
Hello!

I am a newbie at this forum and I have played Diablo 2 and Diablo 2 LOD only recently. I just finished nightmare mode with my Poison Necromancer. My Level 38 Necromancer has been killed several times by a couple of Level 99 Amazons. I think that player killers are very annoying so I want to build a character just for protecting my group. My squad leader suggests I use a sorceress for her 'static-field, frozen orb' combo. I am fairly new to playing as a sorceress and I need information on how I should build the toughest player killer REVENGE sorceress.

How should I use the skill points and stat points?
What items can help me defend better against player killers?
Why does Glacial Spike not slow down some player killers?
Who is the most famous player killer?
Gnem Eehc is actually Gnem Eehc.
Chee Meng, you're asking the wrong crowd. We don't generally condone PKing, and most of us don't even bother playing with the general crowd and PKers. However, a sorc isn't the only thing that can pk. Most dedicated pkers use tons of %damage reduced items, so you'd probably do less damage to them than vice versa during melee. They also use % elemental absorb, so that's out of the question too. Glacial Spike won't slow down players using "Cannot Be Frozen" items. We don't know who the "most famous PK" is, and quite frankly, no one here gives a damn. Just play the game, ignore the PKers, and look for friendly players to hang out with.
AtomicKitKat,Jan 13 2004, 02:43 PM Wrote:Just play the game, ignore the PKers
Exactly, if someone goes hostile towards you, go into town, wait a few minutes without giving much written response to their actions. They quickly get bored of waiting and go bother some other game.
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe
You hit the diabloii.net PvP and duelling forums? And the sorceress forums.

Lots of advice there. And, a sorcie may not be your best choice.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
The most famous PK is lag. Or at least that's what I get out of reading about hundreds of hardcore deaths. :ph34r:

Also, many PKs use hacked/duped gear and other illegal stuff, so it's nigh impossible to kill one legit.

edit: silly preview post, rename post feature.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Ok, PKing is bad, PVP (even public) is ok, so let's get that out of you right now :)

I would advise against a sorceress. If you do the math, a sorc with lev40 orb and lev20 synergy would do ~ 800 damage, what after PVP penalty, resists and ravens will end up doing at most 7 damage. Sad, really. Fireball is even worse, since fire resist can easily reach 95% and absorb is nearly as readily available to it as to cold.
Hello

Yes, true enough the resists and all the stuff will reduce the cold damage greatly, but then what about Hydra and the famous Static Field?

Would this be a good trick?
An squad of assassins lay traps around every waypoint so that the next poor feller who walks through is going to 'POP'!
Hehe!

Not that I would do that of course!

Please give me more feedback about the so the most powerful sorcie spell.
(OTHER THAN STATIC FIELD)
Is it Frozen Orb or Hydra?
Gnem Eehc is actually Gnem Eehc.
Gnem,

If you're inexperienced with player-vs-player combat, I suggest you keep out of it. It takes forever to equip a dueling character and you also need weeks fighting with friends before you can take down a random opponent, who probably even has more experience and better equipment than you.

Just exit game, wait in town, or, if you don't want to do that, go to play in some area that is seldom visited, like the Act 3 flayer jungle dungeons or something like that.