Damage on Hurricane
Can anyone explain to me how the damage on hurricane work?
Does it work like arctic blast with damage/second or in some other way?
Just wonder since im not able to get it up more than to 600+ (max damage) with the synergies.
Supposedly it hits once every 0.8 seconds.
Fully synergized for damage (Twister, Tornado), your slvl 20 Hurricane should easily max out at over 1k Cold damage. At slvl 30, you should see around 1.7k damage; at slvl 40, you should be hitting 2.4k damage.

Perhaps you're not using the synergies correctly?
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
The thing is that i also using armageddon, if theres cold immune monsters (which is most probably that it will be in hell diff) and i also have put some points into summoning (Heart of the oak, wolves skills and grizzly)
Why i was asking is that armageddon is way much easier to get a good damage on, but even if i only got up hurricane to 600+ in max damage, its still useful.
but I have to say that you should restart your character.

One of the most powerful characters in 1.10 is the wind druid, whose main skills are cyclone armor, tornado and hurricane. This build has cold damage from hurricane, hitting (I think) twice in a second; VERY high physical damage (tornado is physical, just get a cold immune and see it die in 2-3 casts), and also a VERY strong protection against elemental attacks (lev 30~ 1350 damage reduction). Then you can still max your oak sage and get a weak bear, or whatever.

It is generally not worth it (in 1.10) to use both fire and cold sub-tree.
hmmmm, that shows how good im on the game mechanics. :lol:
think im gonna do that since im struck in a1 hell with the one i have. :(
How do i gonna spread the stat points for that build? is it like it is for the elementalist?
hmmmm, that shows how good im on the game mechanics. :lol:
think im gonna do that since im struck in a1 hell with the one i have. :(
How do i gonna spread the stat points for that build? is it like it is for the elementalist?
You also have a very good defensive skill in Twister. The damage isn't all that great at first but, spammed, the stun, all 0.4 seconds of it, is enough to hold the bad guys in place whilst your Hurricane smacks them down. Once you have all three wind skills maxxed, you end up with a pretty decent AoE attack for when your eye-to-hand coordination isn't up to the job of targeting tornado.
I think you should reset your character, but not becuase of the main skills you chose.
I have made a very sucsessful char, maxing Hurricane, Armageddon and Tornado, putting 5-10 into cyclone armour and oak, then the rest into volcano and twister for synergies. Currently, my Auruid (Thats what i call the build) is on lvl 90, and easily doing players 8 pit runs. He is made for PVM, and solo play, as he covers 3 elements. Just my advice is not to put anything into wolves or grizzy, just get a defiance merc. Also, dont max dex, do with vit, it's much more helpful to an oak druid.

Stats: Damage with +skills, 6 to all, 1 to fire.
Tornado 1697-1813
Hurricane 967-1053
Armageddon 465-474 Ave, 1761-2057 for the blast.
Volcano 253-260 fire, 80-82 phys.
Cyclone Armour 840

Not a good build for PVP, but good for PVM
They will make it easier to defend a windy druid :)

Considering a +6 all skills, 20 armor 20 tornado 20 hurricane you get:

Tornado: 1918-2040
Hurricane: 814-887
Cyclone armor: 1315

and you still only used 62 points. Maxing twister would result in:

Tornado: 2617-2796
Hurricane: 1297-1492
Cyclone armor: 1768

and you used 82 points, essentially achievable by level 71. By level 90 you have Oak near-maxed as well.

------------------

About Twister: to realize why it's totally useless junk, you'd have to recall the druid fast cast table. There is something common in the human-shaped druid's fast cast and hit recovery table: they are both HIDEOUS. What this means is: if you spend a LOT on fast cast, you achieve 12-frame cast, that is roughly half second. Twister's fixed 0.4 second stun duration means, that you cannot keep things stunlocked with it.

Then again, there is really no point in saying "this is the path thou shalth walk down" since it's just a game, and we all play it according to our tastes. If you feel that two elements are not enough for you, try the three-element hybrid (but BEFORE you do, just think about how many Physical-Cold immunes you saw in 1.10...). If you're confident with just two elements, and want a greater protection (1700 points of elemental protection, anyone?), try the windy path.

And no matter what you do, keep in mind that your hit recovery is nearly as terrible as the act2 mercs'; meaning DO NOT GET HIT, and get a lot of faster hit recovery items. (More on this matter on Tommi's site).
Thanks for the help everyone.
I dont think i will delete that druid since hes a lvl 75 hardcore char, but i can always xfer the items to my new one and then retire him. =)
Twister ain't that bad, Caaroid. Factor in monster hit recovery on top of the stun and it works OK - it keeps dolls off me in the Durance and that's all I ask of it. Besides it's a skill that comes for free with the build so not to use it ever seems a bit wasteful.

Damage per twister on your setup:

Twister 520-555

An alternative to getting Oak is to shape-shift after casting Hurricane. As long as you don't get Lycanthropy you'll shift back before your Hurricane expires and the life bonus is worth 5 points in Oak for a werewolf, 10 for a werebear. Going Werewolf gives you access to Feral Rage and its run/walk pickup and it's mobility that makes Hurricane really work. Give it a go if you can lay your hands on a pelt with both shifter skills.