Demon Limb trouble
Just wanted to report a problem that might be present with the Demon Limb tyrant club. For those who don't know, this is a favorite source of easy AR in the form of slvl-23 Enchant charges. However, there might be a problem. I don't know if this is a known problem already, but here we go:

Tonight, with my Mavinazon, I summoned a valkyrie, switched to my W2 (a recently found demon limb) and selected the right mouse button to cast the enchant charges on her. The instant I select Enchant on the right-hand side quick skill select bar, boom, connection interrupted. The problem seems to be that whenever I select Enchant, the game drops; I try to isolate the problem.

Tried this again without switching from W1 (mavina's GMB) to W2. Connection interrupted the second Enchant is chosen on the quick skill bar. Weapon switching seemingly has no effect on whether or not droppage occurs. Game dropped when enchant was selected.

Tried this again without summoning a valkyrie. Conenction interrupted. Summoning has no effect on whether or not droppage occurs. Game dropped when enchant was selected.

Tried this again, this time removing then re-equipping the demon limb. No problem enchanting. Repeat this after summoning a valkyrie. No problem enchanting. Problem seems to be that enchant cannot be selected straight from a weapon switch, but from a newly-equipped weapon.

It seems to me that I have to remove the re-equip the demon limb before starting the enchantment process or else get dropped from the game, but I wanted to make sure this was a universal bug and not something that just happens to amazons, ranged weapons, or completed sets. Can anyone else confirm this, perferably with a non-zon melee character in or out of a completed set?

-

OK, I think I've gotten the drop process down.
  • Enter game with completed M'avina's.
    <>
  • Switch over to Demon Limb on the other weapon slot. Do not unequip the Demon Limb, simply switch over to the other weapon slot.
    <>
  • Attempt to Enchant via charged spell.
    <>
  • Get dropped.<>
    [st]For more weirdness, here's what happened to my bowazon after she was dropped for the second time in a row, then temporarily locked out of the game:
    [Image: screenshot040107_003.jpg]
Can't help on the bug, but you have both arms. The zons right arm is just cocked back in the maul holding position. The hand is at about waist height (right above where the hips curve in). Basically it is in the same position as the sorc holding the maul in the same shot. You just don't have a maul showing.

My question is, do you have enough str to equip the maul without +str from equipment? I think the bug might have more to do with that.

I have been seeing a lot (since my wife and I play in the same room) of instances where graphics for equipment don't show on the other persons machine if you are equiping something that you don't have that natural requirements for, but can only wear due to equipment. I have been wondering if this is a deeper issue than just client display errors and what you are describing might be related.

I have also run into issues of weapon switch items not equiping (showing as red) when you switch over to them if you don't have the natural attributes to equip it, even if you other items provide you enough. I have had to remove and re-equip the item for it to say I had it on. Did you observe the inventory window when you weapon swapped by chance? It seems those old bugs are back and that equipment ordering is going to be important again. I haven't posted on any of this before because well I haven't really bothered to test or even document the times I have seen it.

If I had a demon limb I would test realm side for you but I don't.

On another note, I am tired of all your equipment being removed and re-equiped everytime you level. This is especially annoying with a necro who gets an extra skel and mage from equipment and has to re-raise them every time he levels...
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Hm. Well, she's got 95 natural strength. There's a bonus on the gloves, then another from the set bonus (+30, I think). That gives her 135 strength, enough to hold the limb. She's also using an Anni charm, which gives her a slight strength bonus - I think that might be the problem.