BasinWear™!
Quote:Or does it just look like some guy with really large arms and short legs?

I think it kinda looks like a top-down representation of some manta-ray-like alien starfighter. Then again, I've been playing a lot of Escape Velocity lately...
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Occhidiangela,Jan 20 2004, 02:33 PM Wrote:And I am guessing Ducky can make a line of LL Jewelry. :)
Anyone for diamond-studded Lurker Lounge logo pendants on 12mm 14k gold cable chain? (I got yer bling-bling right here...)

My hall's thinking about making bumper stickers as a fundraiser. We think we can get a deal from a local print shop. Anybody willing to pay $2 + S&H for a LL bumper sticker?

Are you ready to be a Lurker?
www.lurkerlounge.com

Home of the original Cracked Sash
www.lurkerlounge.com

Vanquishing evil since 1998 (date?)
www.lurkerlounge.com

If you ain't legit, you ain't s*
www.lurkerlounge.com

Member of the (moderator/well known member) fanclub
www.lurkerlounge.com

PETE IS MY HERO
www.lurkerlounge.com

What Would Lemming Do?
www.lurkerlounge.com
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
WarLocke,Jan 21 2004, 12:21 AM Wrote:I think it kinda looks like a top-down representation of some manta-ray-like alien starfighter.  Then again, I've been playing a lot of Escape Velocity lately...
I think I've unwittingly created LL's answer to an inkblot test.
DeeBye,Jan 20 2004, 11:39 PM Wrote:I could poke some holes in to show the eyes (and perhaps nostrils), but I'm trying to make this is simple as possible.
IMHO it would look more like a head with the eyes added. But I do like it. :)
What Would Lemming Do?
www.lurkerlounge.com

There is a start! :) I am interested in that one.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hail Occhi,

I'm pleading for:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| "You're out of your league. I'll Jarulfinize your ass." |
| www.lurkerlounge.com |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:lol:

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
How about "Legit Happens"? Variant of "#$%& happens", which I've seen on bumber stickers.

Or a "Jesus Fish" that says "Elric" (because he slaps people with slamon).

:blink:
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Occhidiangela,Jan 20 2004, 06:21 PM Wrote:Simple amd distinctive is the key
I had the same idea as Occhi, and sat down to my wonderful copy of MS Paint to slap together a concept LL-logo. So I spent a few minutes painting away, realizing my life would be a lot easier if I had access to something a little more powerful. In the end I've got a very simple overlapping LL design with a circular background, and a color scheme using the forum basic brown/gold/red (okay, so it looks like VA Tech paraphernalia, but hey, I just wanted to circulate the idea...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... It didn't occur to me until I was done that I'd be unable to do anything with this idea because I have no web hosting. Checked a few of google's results on "free web hosting," but I'm unsatisfied with the "free space, pay to link" business model.

Now I have to sit here and figure out how to explain to everybody what this thing looks like. Doh!

P.S. any good referrences for a cheap [read: absolutely free] piece of space to host an 8k .jpg file?
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimage/ is what I use.

If you don't feel like signing up, e-mail it to me (kevin_osu@hotmail.com) and I'll host it.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Isn't Lemming the guy who's always going on and on about his cracked, gnarled staff? :P

Inspired by Lemming(if it is him) and Scotty 2 Hotty(WWE Wrestler):

"Hey, does anybody want to see my Cracked Gnarled Staff?"

Or how about the following design:

Front:
"Got Cheats?"
Back:
"We don't!"

Or:
Front:
"Everybody has to die sometime."
Back:
"I just wish it wasn't in Hardcore! :("(Print out the sad smiley, and add a blue tear below one eye)

I'm feeling sick, so pardon if they don't sound very good.
Occhidiangela,Jan 21 2004, 03:33 AM Wrote:6.  "That's not a thong, thats a crack sash!"
That had me in tears. I think I have disturbed the neighbours :D
Hail young master,

You could use geocities @ yahoo.com for your purpose.
At least that's what I did when I ended up with the need to show screenshots to other lurkers a few months ago.
You'd have to build a homepage first, I think, but that's not altogether bad if you have to post something later on. It costs no linking fee and no monthly charge.
adress is:

www.geocities.com

(and if you have no yahoo account yet)
www.yahoo.com

Looking forward to your images!

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Fragbait,Jan 22 2004, 06:41 AM Wrote:Hail young master,
Thanks for getting the poor French subtext, although, I think I'm getting a little old to be using it. Thanks also for the tip on geocities, so here's the idea I had for a simple LL logo (mind you, I don't claim quality of image or color, but it's a place to work from...)

[Image deleted, see edit note below]

I was really aiming at something with cleaner lines, but this is the best that Paint would let me do. Nothing complicated or complex about this, just simple and straightforward. Mind you, the color scheme probably could use some help. I'm picturing a line of frisbees, hats and golf visors (maybe because those are the products I'd be most likely to buy).

edit: okay so the geocities problem comes up, they don't want you to pull images, so do that copy/paste thing with the url: http://www.geocities.com/kkyhfp4/lllogo_trial.jpg
If you can't get there then it wasn't meant to be...
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jeunemaitre,Jan 22 2004, 02:02 PM Wrote:If you can't get there then it wasn't meant to be...
Or a Lurker with a Ranchoweb account can help you out:

[Image: lllogo_trial.jpg]

I think bumper stickers are the way to go, for cheap and easy Lounge moneymaking and advertising. Yeah, the Basin is selling clothes. Nice thing about bumper stickers, is one size fits all. ;) And many Lurkers own cars, or other places to put stickers.

Best of all is the price. I've gotten quotes from several places both in town and online. (Since I'm looking into a bumper sticker hall fundraiser--and it's my job to be doing so--it's no problem for me.) I've looked into 2"x11" and 3"x7", and the average price of 200 same-print 1-4 ink shade bumper stickers on vinyl would be about $160-250. If we sold our own version of LoungeWearForYourCar for $3 plus S&H, that's at least $300 profit for Bolty for Lounge upkeep. :D

And, as an added bonus, I can host them with the Diablo History Project starting January 31st. :lol: (See? I have been working on it!)
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Jeunemaitre,Jan 22 2004, 09:02 AM Wrote:I was really aiming at something with cleaner lines, but this is the best that Paint would let me do.  Nothing complicated or complex about this, just simple and straightforward.  Mind you, the color scheme probably could use some help.  I'm picturing a line of frisbees, hats and golf visors (maybe because those are the products I'd be most likely to buy).
I've taken your orginal design, and created something similar (but not in MSPaint :) ). I've also changed the font to Abadon, which is the default LL font.

[Image: Jeunemaitre.gif]
(The orginal is a 1000x1000 PSD, if anyone wants to have a go at altering it)

edit: here's something similar:
[Image: Jeunemaitre2.gif]

and another:
[Image: Jeunemaitre3.gif]
In case we are starting a vote - I would vote for DeeBye's third version with a slight cleanup revision as so:

[Image: Jeunemaitre3_rev1.gif]
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
As long as you're cranking out ideas, how about a one-color one? I don't what, if anything, Bolty has planned, but a five-color screen printing would probably cost a bit high for what we're looking for.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Interesting, Dee. I like it, but I don't know if it looks "evil" enough. Abaddon is a font that looks evil - it's why I chose it - it fit in with the Diablo theme well without having to use a Diablo font like a zillion other fansites do. These logos look somewhat like, well..."welcome to the Price is Right!" (insert elevator music)

Don't you hate art critics?

-Bolty

Besides, we still haven't addressed the whole selling system. I don't want to force people to pay $12-20 for a stinkin mug, for gawrsh's sakes. This is the problem sites like Penny Arcade and PvP face.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I also think it needs a pair of eyes in it. The kind you see in cartoons when the lights are out, but creepy ;) Just to fit in the Lurker theme. Or turn the L into a couch :huh:
Hail jeune maitre,

Quote:edit: okay so the geocities problem comes up, they don't want you to pull images, so do that copy/paste thing with the url: http://www.geocities.com/kkyhfp4/lllogo_trial.jpg
If you can't get there then it wasn't meant to be...

What's strange about that procedure is: if you right-click and choose to 'open in a new window', the link works out perfectly fine. It's really just geocities' fear that enhanced image linking might threaten their capacities, I think.
Oh well...

On a side note: Good ideas out there! I'd buy a shirt, even if the costs turn out to be some 20 bucks.
One is a must.

Greetings, Fragbait

- Bruce Lee