Quick Update on how i'm doing.
Well ok here we go. I've just recently made it to level 58 with my Barbarian. he is doing just fine for the moment, tanking most things with his 1k+ health. I have reached Hell difficulty and it is a bit harder then I thought it would be. But that has not stopped me.

I have run into a singel Physical Immune creature as of now, it was one of the Anceitns in Nightmare difficulty. Now I don't know if it will be much harder to take these on in the future, but I am using the Plauge Bearer - seen here http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/exc...l/uswords.shtml - and it rocked against the Physical Immune Ancient, when combined with Berserk (which I still only have one point in.)

As for my earlier statement about Whirlwind, I was wrong, this skill has saved my life many times in Nightmare and Hell difficulty. I have already maxed it out and now I am working on Battle Order. And thats about it for my Barbarian.

Quote:Not trying to put you off, but I would suggest that you try out at least a couple builds of each available character before you decide to push one or more to lvl 99. It will help you learn which ones are viable to do so within a reasonable time, and will help you gather the equipment. Note also that the skills that are most helpful to get from lvl 85-99 are not necessarily those that get you to Hell the fastest.

I have already taken that into concideration. So in response I'll tell you about my level 74 Meteor/Blizzard Sorc. For a short while I did get tired of my Barbarian, so I started testing out new classes seeing wether or not they suited my playing style. And to my surprise a Sorc did. The damage output on them is amazing. I didn't like caster classes usualy... but this was the exception.

Against most monsters in the game she is Godly, however in Hell I noticed that the single most 'Immune to' creatures in the game were fire. I had been saving up a lot of skill points, seeing as how I had only Maxed - Fireball, Meteor, and Fire Mastery - so I looked over the skills and figured which would be best. For the moment I use Blizzard, i've only put about five or so points into this and Cold mastery, which helps against the 'Immune to Fire' creatures. Later I plan to max out Cold Mastery and Frozen Orb.

I do know that some creatures are Immune to both of these types of Magic, but that does not concern me much, in Hell difficulty I find myself playing with four of my friends - A Barbarian (Level 72), Assassin (Level 69), Paladin (Level 82), and Necromancer (Level 85) - so they don't stand a chance. Together with my friends I belive I can get both my Sorc and Barbarian to level 99. But only time will tell.
"The future is blurry, the past unclear, all you have is now and here..." ~ Telveck
When is the eariliest POSSIBLE PI in 1.10?
The wind has no destination.
I belive it is only obtainable by one of the Ancients in Nightmare difficulty... I could be wrong, but through the entire game on that difficulty it was the only one I ever ran into.
"The future is blurry, the past unclear, all you have is now and here..." ~ Telveck
Well just gues what... If the AS is correct, gloams have 70% Phys res in NM. Another reason to like them.

Also, again if AS is correct, Stone Skin gives 80% phsys resist, meaning act1 normal stone skin wraiths can be PI.

Early enough?
The earliest that wraiths show up in Act 1, is The Forgotten Tower Level 1.