build question
For what paladin build can i use templars might?
Just wonder since the str req is very high.
And for a hc player as me, its not sure that i ever vill put that much into str on a paladin. :)
The stats on Templar's might are:
Defense: 1622 - 1923 (+ 250 - 300 vs. missiles)
Strength Req: 232
Level Req: 74
+ Strength: 10 - 15
+ Vitality: 10 - 15
Hit Recovery: 20%
+ Stamina: 40 - 50
+ Offensive Auras (Paladin Only): 1 - 2

What are the stats on yours?

Looking at this, what stands out to me, are the strength requirement, and the defense. Maybe a really defensive build would be the best use for this armor.
Maxing Holy Shield (surprise) and using defiance would give you a really high defense. 20,000?
e.g.
defense = base defense * (1 + holy shield bonus + defiance bonus)
defense = 3000 * (1 + 310% + 260%)
defense = 20,100
* assuming level 20 skills.

This page has some useful Paladin info on it:
http://www.hut.fi/~tgustafs/char5.html

If you're lucky, you could try an Exile shield. This would allow you to have another
aura (an offensive one) active and still maintain most of your defense.

Note, that there is a built in strength bonus on the armor, so you only need 232-x from stats and other equipment. Since you are hardcore, you don't have to worry about picking up your corpse. :) Also, you could put a HEL rune in it for -15% requirements. This would be 197 or 198, which is slightly better. Either way, it isn't too hard to get 50 strength points from equipment.

You could try one of the overpowered Hammerdin's, but where's the fun in that.
Quote:Note, that there is a built in strength bonus on the armor, so you only need 232-x from stats and other equipment.

You need enough strength from all items except the item you are trying to equip to put an item on. So that strength will not help you get enough strength to wear it (unlike in Diablo 1).
I think that most of the Elite unique armors in the game are actually absolutely useless hence the new upgrade possibility of normal and elite items. Why anyone would want to use Templar's with crappy modifiers, when u can instead use upgraded Guardian Angel with your paladin for instance? And unless really high quality one (near max ED% and DR%), Leviathan surely loses to good quality upgraded Shaftstop. I really wonder why Blizzard didn't take this more in account, as the exceptional armors along with the update runes are surely much more easier to find than those Elite uniques. Blizz should have made either more powerful elite unique armors, or the cube recipe should use higher level runes or something.

I was really happy with my first Leviathan found for instance, and took me a while to get out of the exitment to really look it's stats... Too bad I wasted a socket quest and +15% to all res jewel into it, before noticing that I could have actually used upgraded Shaftstop instead with better results :blink:
Quote:You need enough strength from all items except the item you are trying to equip to put an item on. So that strength will not help you get enough strength to wear it (unlike in Diablo 1).

In 1.10, if you use +stats gear to initially wear an item, its +stats can help support its own requirements.

A perfect Templar's Might gives +15 strength and requires 232 strength to equip. That means you need at least 232 strength to initially equip Templar's Might, but you only need 217 strength (excluding the Might) to continue wearing it once it's equipped.

This may be a bug, though, and it's not safe to take advantage of it if you have to retrieve your corpse in SC.
Thanks for clarifying what I was trying to say.
Quote:You could try one of the overpowered Hammerdin's, but where's the fun in that.

Ive already tried a hammerdin (and i lost him at lvl51 to pindleskin in nm)
That build was fun, but as you said, its overpowered. Since i got to chaos sanctuary without any trouble.
(got some trouble there with the balrogs)