trades?
Is there anyplace with a forum comunity or otherwise that has an active trading group? Or is the exonomy inside the lader already completely taken over by for cash and e-bay?
The wind has no destination.
Nightwind,May 10 2006, 11:47 PM Wrote:Is there anyplace with a forum comunity or otherwise that has an active trading group?  Or is the exonomy inside the lader already completely taken over by for cash and e-bay?
[right][snapback]109567[/snapback][/right]

Although it may be far from ideal, check out the forum over at diabloii.net, linky.

Cheers,

Munk
Nightwind,May 10 2006, 08:47 PM Wrote:Is there anyplace with a forum comunity or otherwise that has an active trading group?  Or is the exonomy inside the lader already completely taken over by for cash and e-bay?
[right][snapback]109567[/snapback][/right]

Baron's Bazarre has an excellent reputation as a stringent, legit trading site.
Link Edited - We do not tolerate botting or cheating here - Refrigerator

don't bother about that site if your new to d2 tho, they uselly only trade big stuff there... i would use bnet forum if i was new... it's perfect for new players

http://www.battle.net/forums.shtml

and if your going... hey, i'm not new... i got this uber ik armor -.- then yeah, use bnets forum ;)

if you like lld then i can recomand this site, they have all the lld needs you might have :) (or hopefully anyway)

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/

if you are on europe then this site is pretty good

http://ep-pvp.net/forums/

hope one of them will suit your needs :)
[Image: spinalsig3xy1.gif]
Spinal,May 14 2006, 06:14 AM Wrote:Link Edited - We do not tolerate botting or cheating here - Refrigerator

don't bother about that site if your new to d2 tho, they uselly only trade big stuff there... i would use bnet forum if i was new... it's perfect for new players

http://www.battle.net/forums.shtml

and if your going... hey, i'm not new... i got this uber ik armor -.- then yeah, use bnets forum ;)

if you like lld then i can recomand this site, they have all the lld needs you might have :) (or hopefully anyway)

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/

if you are on europe then this site is pretty good

http://ep-pvp.net/forums/

hope one of them will suit your needs :)
[right][snapback]109838[/snapback][/right]

Spinal, buddy. Some of this may be new to you, but bear with me. Look on your keyboard, next to the "Z" or "/" keys. You'll see this odd looking thing called a "Shift key." With me so far? Good.

Now, every time you start a sentence, or use a proper noun, you'll want to push this "Shift key", and (here's the hard part), HOLD IT DOWN WHILE YOU TYPE! There. That wasn't so hard, now was it?
Quality over quantity.
- BruceGod -
BruceGod,May 17 2006, 04:40 AM Wrote:Spinal, buddy. Some of this may be new to you, but bear with me. Look on your keyboard, next to the "Z" or "/" keys. You'll see this odd looking thing called a "Shift key." With me so far? Good.

Now, every time you start a sentence, or use a proper noun, you'll want to push this "Shift key", and (here's the hard part), HOLD IT DOWN WHILE YOU TYPE! There. That wasn't so hard, now was it?
[right][snapback]110114[/snapback][/right]

I think thats going over the top even for some of the elitist's here . Compared to some folk who post here I find your thoughts on Spinal's post , a bit OTT .
Take care
Raven Vale,May 18 2006, 05:15 AM Wrote:I think thats going over the top even for some of the elitist's here . Compared to some folk who post here I find your thoughts on Spinal's post , a bit OTT .
[right][snapback]110233[/snapback][/right]

The tone may have been over the top, but the message was worth sending. :)

And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

ShadowHM,May 18 2006, 04:06 AM Wrote:The tone may have been over the top, but the message was worth sending.  :)
[right][snapback]110236[/snapback][/right]

AND YET, FOLLOWED PRECISELY, THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN IN THAT MESSAGE WOULD LEAD TO SOMETHING LIKE THIS. :huh:
bigeyedbug,May 19 2006, 12:17 AM Wrote:AND YET, FOLLOWED PRECISELY, THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN IN THAT MESSAGE WOULD LEAD TO SOMETHING LIKE THIS.  :huh:
[right][snapback]110298[/snapback][/right]

Good point :blush:

Since the recipient of BruceGod's warning did not realize that the rules taught in English class were applicable here, he/she may also not have realized that typing in all caps in a forum post constitutes shouting.

Let us hope that he/she takes the admonishment about grammar to heart but manages to avoid shouting in future posts. :)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

BruceGod,May 17 2006, 04:40 AM Wrote:Spinal, buddy. Some of this may be new to you, but bear with me. Look on your keyboard, next to the "Z" or "/" keys. You'll see this odd looking thing called a "Shift key." With me so far? Good.

[right][snapback]110114[/snapback][/right]
i'm not sure why you want me to yell.... anyway, no the shift button is not next to the z or /

i'm from Sweden, so ofc i'm using a swedish keybord (duh!)
Spinal,May 19 2006, 02:21 PM Wrote:i'm not sure why you want me to yell.... anyway, no the shift button is not next to the z or /

i'm from Sweden, so ofc i'm using a swedish keybord (duh!)
[right][snapback]110348[/snapback][/right]
Spinal

Good afternoon. Jarulf is from Sweden, and he manages to capitalize correctly. [wcip]Angel is from Norway. He seems to have little trouble. There are plenty of non native English speakers on this forum who do exceptionally well at conventional English. *claps*

Your excuse is lame. Please don't trot out another one.

As suggested, please comply with the "capitalize the first word in a sentence," rule, as well as capitalizing the proper pronoun "I" so that you get no further comments like BruceGod's.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Spinal

Good afternoon. Jarulf is from Sweden, and he manages to capitalize correctly. [wcip]Angel is from Norway. He seems to have little trouble. There are plenty of non native English speakers on this forum who do exceptionally well at conventional English. *claps*

Your excuse is lame. Please don't trot out another one.

As suggested, please comply with the "capitalize the first word in a sentence," rule, as well as capitalizing the proper pronoun "I" so that you get no further comments like BruceGod's.

Occhi
first of all, i was trying to help out the guy who started this thread

i don't understand why everyone got so upset with me over that, but thats fine... you don't want me here? good, i'm gone

take care!
Quote:i don't understand why everyone got so upset with me over that, but thats fine... you don't want me here? good, i'm gone

No need to leave over a few Capital letters;)

All that's being asked is to take the extra second or two and capitalize letters in sentences. Sounds like a very silly request, and you're free to feel that it is. But here at the lounge we just try to shoot for good, meaningful responses, and that starts with the few seconds of care in our posts. Hopefully you won't jump ship so quickly,

But if you do,

Cheers,

Munk

I don't see why your post provoked any reaction at all, Spinal. Your posts were perfectly understandable. There are lots of things to worry about in this world and your capitalization is near the bottom of the list.
Quote:I don't see why your post provoked any reaction at all, Spinal. Your posts were perfectly understandable. There are lots of things to worry about in this world and your capitalization is near the bottom of the list.
1. Did you miss reading the part where Refrigerator edited out a link to a cheating/botting site.
Quote: Link Edited - We do not tolerate botting or cheating here - Refrigerator

*More words followed*

This post has been edited by Refrigerator: May 15 2006, 11:26 PM
2. As to Lounge general standards, that has long been a matter of record.
ShadowHM, who responded, has links to all germane guidelines on style in her sig.

Any observation that voice and style count when pointing out the standards is agreed. Some polite, and some not so, pointers on form were offered, and the response was "Oh, you must want me around (which was not the message being sent)."

Note: the bottom line in my Sig is not Lounge policy guidance.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
My post was in reference to the supercilious post of BruceGod which had absolutely nothing to do with the edited link or with poor punctuation (which can make a post difficult to follow), but, rather with his failure to capitalize the letter "i" at the start of his sentences. As to your post, regardless of the message intended it falls into the "not so polite" category, and I am not at all surprised he was offended. But, for heaven's sakes, don't let me have the last word, Occhi. Keep this trivial thread going!