cow level
(I could not find other posts about this.)

Hello all,

I play single player 1.10 and I cannot enter the cow level. Before (still 1.09) I had no problems. (regarding cows)

I have an amazon who could not enter the cow level at normal, and now also not in nightmare.

I tried to make the portal in the rogue encampment, after killing Baal at the same difficulty (after finishing all quests also). Wirths leg + tome of town portal, I click transmute...and nothing happens. Not even the message " I cannot do this".

Am I making a stupid mistake here oris there something wrong in the game?

I hope one of you could answer my question, I like those cows....
Wow. They weren't kidding when they said they were nerfing the Cow Level...

Are you using the correct leg for the difficulty? By that I mean you're not playing NM 'til Tristram, pegging the peg, then returning to Normal and using the NM leg? Moo Moo requires the leg of the difficulty you're attempting.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
I've had a few cow problems too. Same sort of thing (xept on bnet none-ladder).

I killed Baal in normal, got the quest, got knighted (or whatever) and unlocked NM difficulty. Created a new game in Normal, ran straight to Tristram, got leg, got a TP Tome. "I Can't"

no reason why, as I had clearly not killed the king yet as this would have been my first cowing since I created the character.
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe
NiteFox,Jan 26 2004, 01:56 PM Wrote:Wow.  They weren't kidding when they said they were nerfing the Cow Level...

Are you using the correct leg for the difficulty? By that I mean you're not playing NM 'til Tristram, pegging the peg, then returning to Normal and using the NM leg?  Moo Moo requires the leg of the difficulty you're attempting.
Wow. They weren't kidding when they said they were nerfing the Cow Level...

Are you using the correct leg for the difficulty? By that I mean you're not playing NM 'til Tristram, pegging the peg, then returning to Normal and using the NM leg? Moo Moo requires the leg of the difficulty you're attempting.

No I always use the correct leg. I just heard from a friend that it might be a problem to first go to the next difficulty, play a little and then start doing the cow level. So let's say I killed NM Baal, I start playing Hell Act1, just to see how I mannage, then save and exit, start the game in NM, and try to make the cow portal. It can be that by just playing Hell, the leg turns into a "hell leg".
I will try to get a new nightmare leg and before going to hell make the cow portal....let's hope that works.
eppie,Jan 26 2004, 03:20 PM Wrote:So let's say I killed NM Baal, I start playing Hell Act1, just to see how I mannage, then save and exit, start the game in NM, and try to make the cow portal. It can be that by just playing Hell, the leg turns into a "hell leg".
Not in my experience. As long as I keep the legs straight, I can get the NM leg, go back to Normal, and use the Normal leg to get to the cow level while still having the NM leg. Of course, that was pre-1.10.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Lady Vashj,Jan 26 2004, 05:02 PM Wrote:Not in my experience.  As long as I keep the legs straight, I can get the NM leg, go back to Normal, and use the Normal leg to get to the cow level while still having the NM leg.  Of course, that was pre-1.10.
Okay, I tried it yesterday. First 'my leg' was red, indicating it could not be used. I threw it on the ground, exited, started a new NM game, went to get a new leg. With this leg I could open the NM cow portal without any problem. And luckily I also found some nice stuff there.
are you saying the leg needs to come from the game you create the portal in?
bernard shakey,Jan 27 2004, 06:28 PM Wrote:are you saying the leg needs to come from the game you create the portal in?
How do you mean, the game? The level, obviously. The session, I don't know. In multiplayer, I don't even bother to pick up the leg until I kill Baal; I've never tried opening the portal in a different session. In single player (where I actually spend most of my time), same-session-only would be ridiculous.
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
bernard shakey,Jan 27 2004, 06:28 PM Wrote:are you saying the leg needs to come from the game you create the portal in?
are you saying the leg needs to come from the game you create the portal in?

No, I think the problem was that before turning my NM leg into a NM cow portal, I first went to walk around in Hell for a while. Apparently going with the leg in a higher difficulty makes it a Hell leg for some reason. Of course I did not check this before going to "hell" :D so I am not sure. All I know is that after taking a NM leg it worked again. (I of course also did not try to do hell for a while and then see if the new leg worked...then I would have been sure).
Quote: going with the leg in a higher difficulty makes it a Hell leg for some reason
Hehe, that would make the whole "dificulty tagging" of quest items rather pointless. I mean, when would someone abuse the ability to fetch a hell flail/maul/leg and use it in a normal game? ;)
all the quest items can only be used in the same lev game as they were found in.
you cant use a normal wirt's leg in a hell game in 1.10 (you could 1.09)

in 1.09 a char couldnt take the red tp untill they had killed baal in that lev game
in 1.10 any char can take the red tp at any lev (lev 1 char thats still never killed normal andy can take the red tp) but what they cant do is make the red TP untill they have killed baal and they also cant take any blue tp made by party members down to the cow lev untill they have killed baal.
-Tempus-
Only play PoE now.
Someone was saying that if you socket a leg, the cows become more difficult and they have better drops. I suspect this is a rumor but i dont want to waste gems on a leg. Does anyone know?
It's likely just a rumour. But it's not like it's that hard to get 3 perfect gems by the time you're ready to leave Normal Difficulty...

Now, if they'd asked for an ethereal socketed Wirt's Leg with 3 Zods, that might be something... :lol:
Pure rumour. All legs are equal for purposes of portal creation.
Quote:All legs are equal for purposes of portal creation.

Except, of course, for ethereal 1.09 legs with exactly 3 sockets, and the runeword Fury in them. Then, if you imbue the leg (which does, for some reason, work on this), and put in the cube with an empty tome of TP, and the necromancer's starter staff, then the Cow King is replaced by Reziarfg. :rolleyes: (Note: This post was made entirely in jest)
The necromancer's STAFF? :blink: *whacks Obi over the head with the necromancer's starting WAND*
Nope. I meant necromancer's starting staff. :P
Obi2Kenobi,Mar 6 2004, 08:47 PM Wrote:the Cow King is replaced by Reziarfg
Ooo. Scary.