Quick question about the auto mods
Huh, just another simple question. What kind of mod can not be spawned from the Katars? Someone told me that he could not find claws with "Claw Mastery" skill, and I hadn't noticed that.

Furthermore, I fear that the same problem occurrs on Barbarian Helms and Druid Pelts, what is the relationship between these kinds of automod and ilvl? I do know that other class specific items' auto mods like Pal's +res attribute need specific ilvl, but I am not sure of the mods spawned on the items I mentioned above.

Thanks very much!

Cheers

Edit: Sorry for the spelling errors :P
You're mixing up two different issues. One is staffmods, the other is automods.

Staffmods are the +1-3 to up to three skills. They're based on the ilvl of the item. None of the normal claws can get staffmods. All elites can. The exceptionals are divided. Those claws that can get staffmods can get any assassin skill if the ilvl is right. Refer to this topic for details. If the ilvl is greater than 24, you won't be able to get +claw mastery.

Automods are just an extra prefix some items get. This is what the Paladin shield resistance bonus is. These automods follow the same generation rules as other affixes, but they come from a separate list.
Thank you. :rolleyes: