Headstriker Unique Sword
When I look at the stats for the headstriker sword to consider it for my Barb merc....

http://www.diabloii.net/items/uniques/weap...rds-excep.shtml

I see a 1.5% chance deadly strike (for double damage) per level. At level 67 this exceeds 100% chance. So...

1)what if anything odd does this do to the barb mercs damage? Does the chance ever "wrap-around" or go negative on accident?
1b)Should I look at his stat screen and just double his damage to compare this weapon to other weapons without deadly strike?
1c)Is it the full damage or his base damage that gets doubly applied against the baddy?

2)Has anybody upgraded one of these to a conquest sword? Is there really no uniq conquest sword in 1.10?

3)What effect does the deadly strike have on a act3 merc (fire or cold) equipped with this sword?
Quote:I see a 1.5% chance deadly strike (for double damage) per level. At level 67 this exceeds 100% chance. So...

That just means you'll reach 100% sooner. A DS chance above 100% is the same as exactly 100%.

Quote:1)what if anything odd does this do to the barb mercs damage? Does the chance ever "wrap-around" or go negative on accident?

No. Nothing odd.

Quote:1b)Should I look at his stat screen and just double his damage to compare this weapon to other weapons without deadly strike?

I wouldn't trust the merc screen to display everything correctly, but I'm sure just how inaccurate it is.

Quote:1c)Is it the full damage or his base damage that gets doubly applied against the baddy?

It doesn't affect non-physical damage at all but it will double the entire physical damage.

Quote:2)Has anybody upgraded one of these to a conquest sword? Is there really no uniq conquest sword in 1.10?

It's safe to assume that someone at least has upgraded it. I haven't, though. There is, indeed, no unique conquest sword (excluding upgraded Griswold's Edge and Headstriker).

Quote:3)What effect does the deadly strike have on a act3 merc (fire or cold) equipped with this sword?

If he pokes people with it, his physical damage will be doubled. The spells are unaffected.
There's also no unique Crystal Sword ever since they changed Azurewrath. I'm just glad I still have a couple of 1.09d AWs. :P They could have changed the name of the old Azurewrath into something else(no idea what), then released the new Azurewrath as a Phase Blade for 1.10. But then again, we all know how annoying Buzzard are at retroactively applying changes...