Converted Monster Experience
I was wondering about converted monsters, via mind blast or conversion; do they garner you exp?

If a Paladin converts a monster, it's usually for a meat shield, but what happens when that monster kills another monster? Do I get the exp for it? What about thorns -- does the damage dealt from thorns count as your attack or the monster's attack, or neither?

If I convert a pile of gloams, and those gloams decimate whatever monsters I was facing -- did THEY get the exp, or will I get some as well? They get my auras, so we should share the experience gained...

The only thing I know for sure is that when a converted monster dies when converted, no one gets experience.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
I don't think anyone gets any exp. from converted kills, but I may be wrong. I do know, however, that the supplier of thorns gets the thorns kill.
The following is from The Arreat Summit:
Quote:You get experience for kills made by monsters you have converted.
The page reference is Paladin Combat Skills page. My play experience bears this out.

Quote:The only thing I know for sure is that when a converted monster dies when converted, no one gets experience.
My play experience bears this out, too.

John H
Thanks. Assuming that the Arreat Summit page is up-to-date and without error (you never know, they are sometimes wrong), I'll be converting monsters without any prejudice from now on.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*