Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon.
I have decided I wanted to scare people in public games. What better way to do this than speak in old English like Arthur of Camelot? Art thou a friend or foe to the banner of Camelot? Vile follower of Mordred. Anyway... He is a paladin. :) I am not sure if he should be classic or expansion. If he is classic, he gets the cool titles. However, with expansion, there are more people to scare. And SC or HC? With softcore, there are, again, more people. But hardcore is cooler. :)

What skills should he use? Holy shield for sure, but what else? Smite? Sacrifice? Zeal? Sanctuary? He will wear a crown, wield a sword, and have shiny armor, and the shield doesn't matter (holy shield).
I did that for a while (speak in old English, that is), it was quite fun and I even wound up getting a couple other people in a game to do it with me.

Anyways... You should build him on classic hardcore, since the hell title in that is King, which would go with the character.

As for his skills, I'd say use Fist of the Heavens and Smite with Holy Freeze (You don't have to use Freeze, I'm just going on a tangent of Arthur gets Excalibur via the Lady of the Lake -> Lady of the Lake = Water -> Holy Freeze is Cold/Ice damage -> ergo water). Granted that won't net you all that much killing power, but oh well. The build will probably vary depending on which Arthurian legend you try and adhere to though, but should be interesting whichever way you go.

Thou canst not ken the power of the true king.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
FoH is a must, so you can say things like, "feel the almighty wrath of my God!" before you zap things.

What is his name going to be?
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Currently, I have reserved the name ArthurSonOUther, but I am open to suggestions.
You could do it the old fashioned way and use von (ie Arthur_vonUther or something like that), as that's how they used to declare family names and whatnot. Or if you wanted to have an Arabic influence, you could use ibn, which means the same thing.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Wyrm,Feb 6 2004, 04:19 AM Wrote:You could do it the old fashioned way and use von (ie Arthur_vonUther or something like that)
Hi

If you use " von" in the German way it means from/of in a regional/geographic way: example George Bush would be "George von Washington". To describe a line of descent it would be, in your case: Arthur, Sohn des Uther Pendragon :rolleyes:

Since the "historical" Artur would have been celtic/postroman , perhaps you should try to get a celtic/latin nick. Or even use medivial latin, Merlin could translate! :D

good hunting
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Assur,Feb 6 2004, 05:18 AM Wrote:If you use " von" in the German way it means from/of in a regional/geographic way: example George Bush would be "George von Washington". To describe a line of descent it would be, in your case: Arthur, Sohn des Uther Pendragon :rolleyes:
Hmm... nifty, didn't know that.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
I believe you could also use "Arthur bar Uther". Just read Lamb by Christopher Moore (good read, BTW), and bar was used quite a bit in that context. I doubt it would fit in a British name, but whatever floats your boat.
Considerign that the real Arthur was a Briton, (from North Wales) Arthur ap Uther would be a good choice.