strange expierience with manacost
re

hail lurkers
short question about the mage
i got the strange expierience that my manacost are increasing somehow
e.g. healing spell lvl 19 from manacost 1 to more than 20
on the other side my fireball (and other spells) has got more damage, from 990 till 1060

its the first time im using + spelllvl items and i think it might be a bug depending to that
it usally happend after dying and loosing al items, after recovering I recogniced that
maybe anyone got the same problems and can tell me how to get rid of that
at all its not that important because im normaly dont use the healing spell and a more-damaging fb is allways good :)
danifilth,Nov 3 2004, 12:41 PM Wrote:re

hail lurkers
short question about the mage
i got the strange expierience that my manacost are increasing somehow
e.g. healing spell lvl 19 from manacost 1 to more than 20
      on the other side my fireball (and other spells) has got more damage, from 990 till 1060
[right][snapback]59059[/snapback][/right]

Part of fireballs damage is based on spell level, part on character level, fiddling with either will change the damage.

Healing's cost is based on spell level and Character level.
Each spell level reduced the cost 3 points, each Character level raises the cost 2 points (for you Rogue players (or bard or monk) remember you have that 3/4 spell cost deal working for you). So your game is far from bugged, it's just doing what it's supposed to be doing.
Also, the amount healed is based on Character level and spell level. As you level you have more life and recieve a bigger "heal" when you cast it, so since you are recieving more life the higher your level, the more the spell should cost.

If healing had a fixed cost, or reducing cost, then higher level characters would almost NEVER need to carry around HealPots, as for 10 mana they could fully heal themselves (and higher level characters have much much more than 10 mana)
If healing had a fixed "heal amount" then most people would never bother with it as higher level characters would need to cast the spell many many times to get to full health.

So it makes sense that it's costs go up with Clvl.

Ya dig?