Sick. Just SICK.
Where I live, there has been two events lately that have really got me steamed.

The first is starting to become common knowledge finally, after a lot of gagging. The police busting into a school, guns drawn and ready to kill, and swarming over students, beating and smashing with clubs and threatening to shoot. In a South Carolina school. Not even a single cigarette was found. It has gained enough attention were it finally made it onto a CBS news special. The phrase "Jack-Booted Nazi Thugs" comes to mind. Most folks know about this. Seeing the video on tv is one thing... Seeing the fully uncut tapes is... upsetting to say the least. Much racial motivation in this case I am sensing.

It's late. It's about 3:30 in the morning, and I am so pissed off I can't sleep. There is a huge gag on this one, details are at best, sketchy, and there is TONS of denial going on. I think in time, truth will leak out.

At the air port, a 10 year old girl... Say that again... A TEN year old girl scored a false positive somehow by one of the security dogs. What happened next... Is disgusting beyond belief, and goes beyond any human decency.

The girl and her parents were detained, taken into the back rooms, and the girls parents had to sit by and watch their little girl get molested by 3 men. A full and total body cavity search... On a TEN year old CHILD.

In their defense, they claim to be just doing their job, and it's not inconceivable that some sick parent might have stored drugs, contraband, or even explosives inside of a child.

As for the child in question, she is currently in an undisclosed child psychiatric hospital. Very few details known. She suffered injury to both her vagina and her rectum, and has been in a withdrawn catatonic state since the incident.

Never have I been more ashamed to live in this country. I am shocked, angry, and pissing and moaning and powerless to do much at the moment, just like everybody else. I am feeling a great deal of hate. Just pure hate. And frusteration. And because of the new security standards, it looks as though nothing will be done about this, as the people responsible did nothing wrong. Well, in their eyes, and in the name of Protecting America From Dangerous Ten Year Olds, they did nothing wrong.

The men responsible should be drawn and quartered, their bodies left out for the crows to pick, and their heads left on spikes as a reminder that child molestation in any form is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.

I realize that the above statement is wrong. It is spoken out of anger. But it is an expression of emotion that I am sure that many people will share.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote:The phrase "Jack-Booted Nazi Thugs" comes to mind.

Holy #$%&. Yep, that about sums up my reply. I don't know what else to say to this. I'd put a little "mad" smiley here but it wouldn't truly convey how mad I am right now.

Quote:A full and total body cavity search... On a TEN year old CHILD.

You know what? FUQ them. "I was just doing my job" never has been, and never will be a valid excuse. You need a hell of alot more than "Hey, Rover's sniffing hard at this girl!" before you can cavity search a 10-year-old. If ever.

There's reasonable security measures, and then there's outright paranoia. I don't know about anyone else, but I know what side of the line I consider this crap to have fallen on.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
The 10 year old thing is a little bit far. If it were me you would have to handcuff and gag me before I would let that happen.
Trouble on RWY 19

I'd say that the trauma that young lady suffered pales in comparison to the trauma of the airline passengers from that film clip.

There is trauma, and there is trauma.

That said, I aint impressed with the full body cavity search you describe, and I wonder at the fine line between a full body cavity search and sexual assault, in a general sense.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
When it comes to such searches I question the real legality. "Our dog said you had drugs/bombs/whatever in your crotch now we get to look." Um... no.
Because of the new Patriot Act, they can do what ever the hell they want and get away with it. VERY patriotic if you ask me. It takes THREE men to subdue a TEN year old girl? And because of the new security measures, you no longer even have the right to ask to have a female present. Any refusal for any reason only makes you more suspicious. Refusal, for any reason, implies guilt. If you say you are a woman who is not comfortable with a man undressing you, you obviously have something to hide, and therefore, must be a terrorist or some sort of shady character. Congratulations ladies and gentlemen, we are now living in a police state. My paranoia and ranting for the past 30 some odd years has paid off, I WAS right. Scary stuff ahead. In a few years, somebody will need to invade America to remove OUR terrorist dictator sitting in power. Somewhere, there is much painful irony.

As for the school in question, a large number of middle class black families have moved into the school district. The dictator in charge was concerned that with the rising black population invading his school, that drugs and bad stuff had come with them. The Great White Ideal was threatened and there was a savage outbreak of violence. You would think folks have learned by now. I guess they haven't. Why can't we play nice?

And while I am airing out my anger.... Why is it that the Amber Alert only works for little white kids? A little white kid in Florida vanishes and every body freaks... But God knows how many Hispanic children disapear. I know of somebody that has a daughter missing. Dear old Dad kidnapped the kid. A black child. Classified as an abduction. Still no Amber Alert. I am very disapointed.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Actually the search and its rules (and abuses) have been around since before the Patriot Act but since 911 security has been stepped up and as a result obviously so have searches.

As for Amber alerts it only goes out of the child is considered in immediate danger and I'm pretty sure I recall the alert being activated for non white childern. In your case while the father may not have the best intentions of his x-wife in mind do you think he plans on hurting his daughter?
The Amber Alert was first deemed to be of use only in the case of stranger abductions, not family-related ones unless the family member was believed to be violently unhinged and subsequently a danger to the child's life.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
I can't decide which macro is more appropriate, so you all get both. :angry:

[Image: terrorst.jpg]

[Image: bushscheme.jpg]
Being an American, something that I am becoming less and less proud of, I am starting to think that Canada is looking like a better and better place to live. This is sicker than sick, and it is even worse that it is in a country that many within to believe to be the best one around. I dearly want to be proud of my nationality, but things like this, well, you understand.
<span style="color:red">Now lounging in the Amazon Basin.
gimlisam,Feb 10 2004, 01:33 AM Wrote:Being an American, something that I am becoming less and less proud of, I am starting to think that Canada is looking like a better and better place to live.
There are assholes in every country of the world. Canada is no exception.
Quote:There are assholes in every country of the world. Canada is no exception.

... Last I heard, Canada didn't have a Patriot Act that gave the authorities carte blanche to cavity search 10-year-olds, and then condemn anyone who objects as a terrorist.

I'm with gimli on this on, but I'm not sure Canada is far enough away. Maybe I could immigrate to France...
There are just some things you can't tolerate. May God help us all...except for certain people who think it takes 3 men to deal with a 10 year old girl. It leaves me speechless.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Quote:I'd say that the trauma that young lady suffered pales in comparison to the trauma of the airline passengers from that film clip.

Um, actually, no. Speaking as a sexual abuse survivor, I can tell you that refereed studies have show that sexual abuse, particularly in childhood, is about 20x more psychologically damaging than any other abuse, including severe physical or emotional abuse. That is, on average, one would have to have 20 non-sexual tramatic incidents to inflict the same psychological harm as one sexual molestation. Of course, there are degrees of intensity of abuse, but the general principles are the same. So, basically, if this girl was treated the way it was described above, I would wager that she is far more psychologically traumatized than most or perhaps all of the passengers on that jet -- provided that the passengers didn't come to any lasting physical harm.
Somebody oughta be shot.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
is a good landing. Actually, it took me a while to realize those passengers survived. Now that I do... I share the opinion of MongoJerry. That 10 yo was left in a catatonic state! That's like dealing with a mostly dead body that's somehow still breathing. I think adult minds (most of passengers in video) are generally better capabale of handling trauma, no?

There must've been better ways, metal detector, x-rays, MRI, or simply being detained from the flight and airport. An immediate full body cavity search is not necessary when simply delaying the persons from flight would work just as effectively at "protecting from terrorists." Suspected ABC agent in little girl waiting to explode? Isolate her from dangerous areas, keep her from the flight, not do a full body cavity search. Out of line. Beyond reasonable conscience.
Quote: Because of the new Patriot Act, they can do what ever the hell they want and get away with it. VERY patriotic if you ask me. It takes THREE men to subdue a TEN year old girl? And because of the new security measures, you no longer even have the right to ask to have a female present

What the?
I'd heard of the patriot act, but didn't know much about it (only that quite a lot of people would mosly dislike it, so its announcement got somewhat buried behind something to do with Iraq). But now that I know of this, I'm incensed.
Whoever thought that this was a good idea should be shot.
Considering that in an airport, there is likely to be a reasonably large staff, inclduing at least 1 woman, I see absolutely no reason why 3 men were necessary for such a search.
Of course, she did have a woman present... her own mother... somehow, I think that if she'd stood up and said "oi! what the hell do you think you're doing?" at one of the security officials, she'd have been removed from the room.
Where is the world going when ANYONE, let alone a 10 yr old, can be subjected to that because of a suspicion?

Luckily, in the UK, we haven't got that far yet, any form of strip search, just about must be performed by an officer of the same sex as the suspect.
Female officers may search a man from the waist up and knees down
Male officers may search a woman (IIRC) from the elbow down, and knee down.

Whoever thinks that such a measure is necessary for national security should be subjected to pretty nasty discipline.
Just my opinion

-Bob
Quote:provided that the passengers didn't come to any lasting physical harm.

Right.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Those are absolutely horrific stories!

Do you have any links to articles on the two news topics you are speaking of? I like to have background information on things like this so I can basically be better informed and prepared.

I have been doing searches and haven't found anything.

Even a reference to a newspaper that I have to look up offline would be great.

Thanks much!

-Theresa
Hail Lurkers,

good point here! It's hearsay unless you can deliver quotes to go with a post. No bad feelings here towards anyone, just want to be sure on this...

Take Care,
Lord_Olaf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea