Immortal Merc
At one point tonight my act II merc became poisoned and could not be healed by any healer. Sitting in town for half an hour, he was still poisoned. Yet subsequently he managed to clear the chaos sanctuary, ancients, and finally died in the worldstone keep.

At the time of his demise, he was no longer poisoned, but he had taken some poison damage shortly before his death, and was no longer green. Until the worldstone keep, his life bar had not gone down at all.

It almost seemed like he was immortal until his green state was reset by another dose of poison. Has anyone seen this behavior? Of course I'd be pleased to attribute his longevity to my superior playing ability if this is not a bug.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
The same thing happened to me with an act 3 merc in a LAN game. He stayed "poisoned" overnight; I didn't think to check if he was taking damage, though. Eventually I left the game and rejoined to get rid of the annoying green effect.

It sounds like some kind of overflow bug with poison damage and/or duration getting high enough to roll around to a very big negative number.
I've got no idea what causes it, but I've stayed green when not poisoned, and stayed blue when not chilled. The only way I've found to fix it is to just leave and come back. Next time I'll have to try a thawing/antidote potion.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
While we are on the subject of immortal mercs, I once got an immune to PvP nude Act 3 Cold merc. I discovered this when a high level charging paladin tried to PK me, hit my merc, and the merc recieved no damage. I then got suspicious, and had a friend bring in a high level whirlwind barb (no damage), then a high level Charged Boltress (also no damage). The merc in question was around level 18 at the time. This immunity stayed throughout the lifetime of the merc. He finally died against Diablo. :( Trusty Jarulf (the mercenary's name), I guess he didn't trust the PvP reductions on the AS, and set them to 100% until he could test. :P

/edit: Oh, and this was in 1.09.
I've had this everblue and evergreen merc thing a few times. More during the beta, though. I didn't notice it since 1.10 final, at least so far.
One additional fact: he was only green on the client computer. Other players saw him normally. But a client effect would not explain why he seemed to take no damage? Very strange.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I've seen the everblue merc in SP once, in 1.09. I tried a thawing potion on her. Didn't work.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Yesturday my merc died while I was killing counsil and was poisoned at the time. As I was going up my tp I noticed his corpse was green I tried going down for a screenshot but he was gone (DOH! :angry: ) when I revived him he was still green. :blink:
I've had this happen to me too, my merc gets poisoned and stays green until I leave the game (USEast). While I don't know the cause, i do know that my merc took damage for a few seconds. After that it just became a normal merc that happened to be dyed green (which, being a freeze merc, looked incredible :D )
I am nothing. Nothing is perfect, therefore I am perfect. Only god is perfect, therefore I am god.

I Take Pride in Knowing I wasted 10 Seconds of Your Life With My Signature.
Obi2Kenobi,Feb 16 2004, 05:39 AM Wrote:Trusty Jarulf (the mercenary's name), I guess he didn't trust the PvP reductions on the AS, and set them to 100% until he could test. :P
ROFL!
My Archer mercs life bar turned green MONTHS AGO and still is. :o But, has no effect on wether she's actually poisoned or not. I can only tell when she's poisoned by wether or not she herself is actually green.

Once when I first hit ActV level in the expansion. Her whole body stayed green until I closed the game and reopened. But, otherwise. She's still has a permenant Green Life bar. but, it doesn't effect wether she's actually poisoned or not.

I believe mine is the Version 1.03. And, I do have the latest patch from Blizzard. Jim
The life bar is green when her life is high, then yellow, then red when it is critically low.