Since when did frenzied boar boss packs spawn?
I haven't encountered them yet in single-player, but when I was playing my sorc in Hell mode, ladder (softcore, Asia1), trying to lvl up... I teleported right into a frenzied ice boar boss who was cold enchanted and lightning enchanted! Bam, explosion, frost nova, charged bolt makes one very dead sorc (well, mine, because I hadn't started working on my items that much, yet...)

And can they be found exclusively in Hell mode? What about the Black Raptor Nest boss packs? ( I haven't seen a single one spawn yet... Are they still around?)
ogot,Jun 5 2004, 08:55 AM Wrote:What about the Black Raptor Nest boss packs? ( I haven't seen a single one spawn yet... Are they still around?)
I've seen one of those either in normal or nightmare, Act II. I didn't bother killing it, though.

Are those flying things that spawn from these bosses/minions any tougher compared to their normal versions or are only the nests more difficult to destroy?
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
I once got a FE, CE, Conviction Suicide Minion. Killed my sorceress, that one did. Not HC, fortunately.

/edit: Oh, and obviously this was in Hell, and it was Single player.
Quote:Are those flying things that spawn from these bosses/minions any tougher compared to their normal versions or are only the nests more difficult to destroy?

No. Now that would be interesting.

Those bosses can sure be a handful in hell though; if they spawn with an aura, they can flood the screen with semi dangerous crows in a very short amount of time. And it takes a while to kill em with the increased hp.
Quote:And can they be found exclusively in Hell mode?

They can be found in NM as well. They are fairly uncommon because of all the guest monsters in act 5. If one of the random monsters selected for WSK lvl2 is suicide minions, you will often find several boss/champ packs of them on the lvl. I've seen 2 suicide boss packs spawn together, right at the wp. Quite amusing to see them all chain explode on my merc as he charged them. I think I have a few screen shots of different interesting packs of them. Tough to take the screenshots though, as I'm fleeing for my life(HC).

Too bad they don't drop anything.