Would you please stop...
All this stuff to read... And now my rice-a-roni is burnt again and I forgot to switch over to Bravo to listen to the intro music for Rocky Horror Picture Show. Geez, start some more bickering or something so I don't get roped into reading through so many threads. Please... ;)

[edit] listen not listem - why oh why do 2 letters that look so much alike have to be right next to each other? - that's it! I'm fed up! qwerty keyboards have to go! DOWN WITH QWERTY!

And as long as I'm editing here:

let's do the timewarp (again - a little Rocky Horror reference)

WarLocke - I know you're gonna bust on my watching Rocky Horror so I'll point this out - I wasn't watching the whole movie. I wanted the intro music. How can anyone not love a pair of disembodied lips singing about classic sci-fi? The movie itself is like a diamond mine under an outhouse - some gems and some turds. I would, however, love to have another theater around here show it so I could go experience the people. When it was big time around here, I was too much of a chicken to ever go associate with "that kind of people".
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Rocky Horror sucks man, why are you watching that?

Grease is so much cooler!

</Carey> B)

Man, I hate Thursday nights... Never anything good on to watch. Although tomorrow's Stargate should be good, since RDA's been rumbling that he's getting tired of the show...
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Start some bickering? Um, let's see here, what's something I can troll on...

I THINK PIE IS SILLY!

hehe, that'll start some flame wars...
(if not, you'll just leave because of all the crazy people around here. :unsure: )
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
PIE IS NOT SILLY!

I happen to like pie quite alot, and so does Polly here, don't you Polly?

*sqawk* "Take that pie and shove it, fathead!" *sqawk*

Dammit, Polly.
Although I would never say no to a nice blueberry pie, I am a cake-man myself. Either a lofty, big, fat dark fluffy chocolate cake with enough frosting to kill a small elephant or a sickly sweet cheese cake garnished with slices of kiwi or fresh, ripe strawberries.

Mmmmmmmmm veins clogging.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Oh no you di'nt!

There is one cake, and one cake only:

King Cake

Maybe I've been spoiled, growing up around N'awlins, but king cake is like manna from heaven.

Man, I haven't had king cake in 8 or 9 years. Dangit, now my mout's watering...
Need something to talk about?

http://games.slashdot.org/games/04/02/19/0151232.shtml

-Bolty

(Why do I bring this on myself)
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I can't BELIEVE you linked to Slashdot, Bolty; after all the crap they put this site through?

Spank yourself.

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
A King Cake you say?

There truely is something more mouthwatering than a nice, tastely cheese cake?

Please, elaborate: I must know.
REVENGE! Bolty seeks revenge and is hoping to flood their site! :lol:
... the ONLY cake (not including "cakes" based on cream cheese) is that produced from the recipe passed down from my Grandma and which has been the staple birthday/whatever celebration cake since I first walked the earth (a time period close to that denoted by the phrase "when dinosaurs walked the earth"). It is called Crazy Cake in reference to certain odd characteristics such as no eggs, vinegar as an ingredient and mixing and baking all in one pan. It is a very dense very chocolate cake with a vinegar tang to offset the sweetness. On top of this we pour/spread a very sweet sugary frosting made with cocoa, butter, sugar and lots of beating. Geez, now my mouth is watering. How am I going to maintain my 112 pound weight loss if I'm running Crazy Cake and cheesecake cravings through my head. These forums are going to be the end of me! :blink:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
no textiles
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
ah... the mardigras special King cake... how could I forget such gastronmic splender.
The wind has no destination.
Nicodemus Phaulkon,Feb 20 2004, 02:19 AM Wrote:I can't BELIEVE you linked to Slashdot, Bolty;&nbsp; after all the crap they put this site through?

Spank yourself.

*tips helm*
NICO!

Isn't that my helm?

*adds a pair of horns to get ready for Viking Day*

By the way, folks, I'm pillaging this thread tomorrow to share all the Viking Day goodness. :D
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
What happens if the server manages to bisect the plastic baby? Do you have to eat 2 of the cakes the next Mardi Gras? Oh the horror....

Ok, 2 questions - The recipe I found that claimed to be the official recipe sounds more like a bread recipe. Is the texture of the cake more like that of a sweet roll with a glutenous bite to it or is it more tender like other cakes?

Well, 3 questions - When is Mardi Gras? I wonder if any of the bakers here in the land of the scandahoovians and germans bake king cakes come Mardi Gras time. I might have to remember to try to find an online seller then. Would they be able to hold up to shipping? (ok, ok - 4th question - sue me!)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I trust your thread pillaging will be in accordance with standard Viking protocols, to whit:

"Kill all the menfolk, loot the village, skin and roast the sheep, and ravish the womenfolk . . . and for Thor's sake, get it all in the right order this time!"

Viking bona fides: Grandma side comes from York, Viking settlement, and Grandpa's side is Danish, Viking Blood. As further evidence, my kids are blonde, the dominant Viking stereotype coming through to overtake my own modestly brunette genes! :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
IIRC, it is based on the 'official recipe.' As my daughter once said, when she was 7 and helping me make King Cake:

"Don't Cook The Baby!" :o
In Memory of Pete
I am looking to see the text of Blizzard's counter brief. The opposing attorneys do not, of course, agree on which set of cases best apply to the case at hand. Imagine that!
In Memory of Pete
Everyone's favorite vaporware console has decided to "take legal action" against HardOCP.com for an article they published back in September. Quite humorous, actually :D
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Quote:Please, elaborate: I must know.

I couldn't load up the Lounge last night for some odd reason, so I'm a bit late here. :(

Anyway, I've never actually baked a king cake myself, so I ran a quick search on Google, and this page jumped out at me. It has a recipe as well as some historical background.

And yes, the consistency of a well-done king cake is more like a roll than a 'true' cake. It's one of the few things Louisiana really has going for itself. [Image: emote_ninja.gif]