Wind Druid having some Trouble
Anyway, this is my first post in this forum for many many many weeks....possibly months.

This character is on the Ladder on West.

I have a level 80 wind Druid who is using the full Aldurs set. Everything on the wind side is maxed but for the twister and cyclone armor... which is slowly getting there. On to the point of the post.

I was running to get Anya solo and ran into a whole #$%& load of frustration.
PI cold immunes are a real problem. Anyone have any positive suggestions on how to more effectively deal with them.

I know let the party memebers handle them is a useful suggestion but I seem to more often than not be on my own while playing these days. At level 80 its a bit tough to start getting significant levels on the fire side of the elemental tree.... although I have indeed started doing that.

Would appreciate any thoughts or help you can provide.

Life
Try buying a wand with lower resist charges, it might knock off the immunity. That's what my fire druid does for the most part in hell
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Interesting I will look into it further. Thank you :)

Life
Tornado deals physical dmg not cold damage so you should be able to kill them off with that instead. Of course tornado really loses its punch without the cyclone and twister synergies so if you dont got em up guess thats out of the question. My elemental druid is strictly wind based with everything but iceblast maxed and the tornados do 2000 dmg per hit not to mention they often hit 2 times.
Kaanin: "PI" means "physical immune".

Life: Investing in your fire tree as a wind druid is a bad idea and probably why you have low synergy skill problems. :D

If it's absolutely nessesary just clear out the area with that zon of yours. ;)
Hi

I don't know what equipment you have! Try Baranars Star and Tiamats Rebuke as a normal attack set-up, you should be able to break PI/CI monsters that way, or try to get "Crescent Moon" (the rune word") :)

Basically my opinion is, use a merc, act 2 is best, and equip him in a way which complements your strengths/elemental attacks.

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Thanks for the input guys. My wind druid has maxed hurricane, tornados, and cyclone armor but not quite the twisters yet. My tornados do over 2k damage but that is quite useless against cold immune, physical immune monsters. I guess the problem lies elsewhere. Playstyle.... build (ie not enough life).... or casting speed... whatever at any rate the act2 merc doesn't survive long enough especially against a pi to help much. the lower resist wand looks like a viable option against a group that is PI. I"ll look into it a bit further. Equipment changes perhaps might help a bit too. I was using the full aldurs set. It just doesn't seem to have enough punch. We'll see what comes of this druid in time. Still rather mid level in my opinion at 82. (by the way I do like to play them to higher levels)

Life
That wand of Lower Resist is a great idea. Or you can stick a Witch Wild String (also fires slvl 20 Magic Arrow!) or Kuko Shakaku (slvl 7 Exploding Arrow hopefully synergizes with the Fire Arrow) on a Fire Rogue.

I'd suggest tacking on a bit more +skills, on which Aldurs set is a bit short.

Take heart, A5 Hell is murder for pretty much all classes; my own wind druid just sticks to A1 Pits, A3 Temples, A4 River+CS.
-- Ryan
Between GW2, AirMech, Firefall and Torchlight 2, who has time for gaming? Smile