Equipment
Ok i have some pretty good equipment but i need some help this is wat i have so far and im a warrior

Royal Circlet
obs/perfection ammy 29+ to dex 36 to resist
King sword of haste(broad sword)
Emerald Shield of the Ages 49 to resist
gold/vim ring
zodiac ring 20+ all
Awesome Plate 146% to ac

is there any thin else i should get this setup is plainly against monsters but i sometimes have a quick duel in it

my to hit is 215%
and my ac 254

thx
LIFES A BITCH LIVE WIT IT
ould some1 give me anythin to put in my equipment plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
This is a forum not a chatroom. You have all the time in the world to type out every word and to spellcheck it before you post. If you aren't too sure of your spelling you can always type up your post in a wordprocessing software such as Word or Wordperfect before posting it on the Lounge. If you don't have such a piece of software on your machine you can still spellcheck your posts by downloading and installing IESpell. You'll also generally get a better answer if you ask a precise question. Instead of asking a blanket "Should I get better equipment?" thread you may wish to post where you feel your character could use improvement and ask for suggestions to fill those gaps.

Just some advice for you to consider - take it however you wish. :)

P.S> You should also avoid bumping the post. And take the time to read the ettiquette link at the top of the forums.
Im sorry i am new to forums and please can u tell me what bumping is? thank you also do u have any advice on my equipment is it good enough for my level
bumping = making another post in a thread you started, in order to get it back on top of the topic list.
You don't have to make posts in the line of " please please please look at me". It's ennoying.

As far as your question is concerned: it is pretty difficult for us to say whether your gear is good for your level. Why?
- you did not post what level your character is
- we don't know how you plan to play your character: are you going for a high or low armor class? Will you be using a lot of spells, or will you put your trust in the power of steel?
Ok i am lvl 36 and i plan to play high ac but i want to have a high to-hit and i plan to play with hardly any magic maybe stone enemies here and there
Warriors, eh? I remember them. Last time I saw one was when I evaporated his internal organs due to the magical backwash of my many, many spells at my disposal.

Nevertheless, let's have a looksee at your l33t itamz.

Royal Circlet
Hands down, one of the best pieces of headgear in the game. 40 AC, +10 all attributes, and a +40 mana is of some use to a Warrior (Buckets of healing without having to invest too heavily in Magic) which is also boosted by whatever increase you get off the +10 Magic attribute. Biggest downside is the 10% +lr, which increases your monster activation and attraction radius by a bit (Hey, I can live with it on my Dreamflange). A keeper and no mistake, I've rarely heard a bad word about this from devouts of all three character classes.

obs/perfection ammy 29+ to dex 36 to resist
Okay, first law of Diablo: For Warriors, Rogues, and melee sorcs, the king of all stats is Dexterity. It boosts your tohit%, it boosts your AC, and others. Try to get dexterity as high as you can achieve and this seems to be a good item to do so. +36 resist all is neat too.

King sword of haste(broad sword)
Specific stats would be nice, but again any KSoH is nice (I've heard folk satisfied with naught but a King's Dagger of Haste. Base item is largely irrelevant).

Emerald Shield of the Ages 49 to resist
Ages is a lousy mod. Lousy, lousy, lousy. I scream every time a Laz run yields unIDed junk with the "Indestructable" durability rating for all to see. A better suffix would be nice, but at least you can stop with resists (Max resist = 75%, your resist 49%+36%=85%). Not bad, max resists off two items.

gold/vim ring
Again, specific stats would be nice for this, but one feels that this is the weak link in your set up. Vitality means jack if you're good enough, so Vim robs you of one possibly vital suffix slot. Gold is of use to a Rogue that doesn't plan on getting close, but less-so to a tin-can. Adding ToHit% is nice, but I'd prefer to add to Dex and get ToHit% and AC as well.

zodiac ring 20+ all
A perfect Zod. There was a time where I wouldn't believe in it myself, but Gortrash dropped an ammy for me. A prefix would have been nice, even if it meant taking the +all at a value less than the maximum. Keep it on you even if you find better, since such jewels make good items for use on recoveries.

Awesome Plate 146% to ac
Nice, but where's the be- suffix? Undoubtably there are better plates out there (I could rave on about my Blessed FPM Precision if you'd like.)

Now there's something else bugging me about this collection, but... Meh, I'll let someone else field it for a change.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
NiteFox,Feb 24 2004, 02:59 PM Wrote:gold/vim ring
Again, specific stats would be nice for this, but one feels that this is the weak link in your set up.  Vitality means jack if you're good enough, so Vim robs you of one possibly vital suffix slot.  Gold is of use to a Rogue that doesn't plan on getting close, but less-so to a tin-can.  Adding ToHit% is nice, but I'd prefer to add to Dex and get ToHit% and AC as well.
I disagree. All the to-hit modifiers you can muster helps for a warrior (until you reach the value where adding more no longer matters). Rogues really only need extra to-hit if they plan on going Civerb's Cudgel\shield in the higher difficulties or sword\shield with a sword that doesn't have a to-hit modifier.

My only other comment is that it seems like you have an awful lot of nice equipment for your character...
Selby,Feb 24 2004, 11:41 PM Wrote:Rogues really only need extra to-hit if they plan on going Civerb's Cudgel\shield in the higher difficulties or sword\shield with a sword that doesn't have a to-hit modifier.
My rogue performed terribly well in her CC/SS outfit with no extra to hit adders. With all the equipment her dexterity was ~300 which gave ~200% to hit and that seemed sufficient for Hell/Hell at the time (clvl 42 onwards).
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect