Question on Trapper MF
Well, I couldn't find the post, so here it goes: some while ago I saw a suggestion that Assassin Traps were getting double the MF bonus and I was wondering if anyone knew if it was true.

IIRC, the suggestion went along the lines that, when a trap was placed, it was given the MF of the placer and then given the bonus again upon killing the monster.

It may be one of the greatest cases of statistical variation and Gambler's Folly I've ever seen, but in the past few days my Trapper has been finding more Uniques and Set items then I could possibly expect. (knocks on wood)

Thanks for any help ahead of time.
"Would you like a Jelly Baby?"
Doctor Who
This isn't the case for GF (100% GF in normal blood moor gave drops of 2, 4, 8 and 10 gold; this matches 100% GF expected results but not 200% GF expected results), so I'd venture to guess it also isn't the case for MF.

skills.txt also doesn't say anything about item_magicbonus or item_goldbonus being transferred to any minions. However, if I mod it so it does transfer item_goldbonus, the gold drops being multiples of 3 (3, 6, 12, 15), indicating that it is effective 200% GF.

(I didn't get drops of 6 gold for the first tests or 9 gold for the second test. This is just because I didn't kill a lot of monsters; I would have gotten those eventually).

And then there's the fact that they don't even benefit from +% skill damage or -% enemy resistance, as these don't transfer, so it'd be most unusual for them to make it so MF, which shouldn't transfer, does.

So no, I don't think anything's unusual about trap MF.
Thanks for the quick reply! Guess I'm just lucky. (knocks again)
"Would you like a Jelly Baby?"
Doctor Who