What to socket Hone Sundan with?
I'm quite excited, yesterday my orb/fwall sorc was navigating around act 5 NM and found a Hone Sundan unique yari. This increased the power of my pokey merc by a lot and I was wondering what the best things to socket it with.

I found a chart (somewhere) that he starts with an 8 frame attack with it, and 20 IAS takes him to 7 frame and 40 ias takes him to 6.5

I'm thinking a good choice would be 1 shael and 2 amn. I'm poor so I don't have IAS/dam jewels to play with or any of the fancy higher runes.

Anyone have some other ideas?
Step 2: Acquire and train a monkey. This step may take some time.
Mal, Lo, Jah, Cham would probably all be good choices, along with those you've already mentioned, of course, you'd have to be quite rich to have those, which, considering what you just said, you seem not to be.
What kind of pokey guy is he?

Alternatively, you could just give the Hone Sundan to me and forget all about it :P

-Bob
Mal wouldn't be that great as Prevent Monster Heal cannot be applied by mercenaries at the moment.

I think there are certainly better uses for Cham, too - the merc won't be freezing much with a single Cham until he's a comparable level to the monsters he's poking.
You don't know what you're talking about.
You might consider a Dol rune for Monster Flee. Those are pretty cheap and can help keep your merc alive if you can't yet afford fancy damage reduction armor for him. On the other hand, it wouldn't interact so well with Fire Wall, though by Hell the flee duration is short enough that it might not make a tremendous difference. Hard for me to say, as I don't have any recent Sorc experience, but it's worked well with Zons and Pallys for me in the past.