Warriors and magic.
I've recently started doing runs for Magic elixirs, it started mainly because I wanted teleport. But when I'm doing runs and find books I use them if I can, I know I'm just accumulating spells which I will rarely use other than out of boredom or the occasional running monster. I was wondering does anyone else who plays a warrior do this.

In the beginning I was going to focus on teleport, town portal, healing, and firewall... but it seems now I just read what ever I find. So mainly I was curious if anyone else does this, I'm not really wasting my time because it is just as I find them.
[Image: rusty1.jpg]
it's usefull due to mag req for higher spells lvl, the more spelss you have the bigger chance that when you use enchanted shrine it will rise usefull spells:)
Quote:I've recently started doing runs for Magic elixirs, it started mainly because I wanted teleport. But when I'm doing runs and find books I use them if I can, I know I'm just accumulating spells which I will rarely use other than out of boredom or the occasional running monster. I was wondering does anyone else who plays a warrior do this.

In the beginning I was going to focus on teleport, town portal, healing, and firewall... but it seems now I just read what ever I find. So mainly I was curious if anyone else does this, I'm not really wasting my time because it is just as I find them.

That spells accumulating thing is not just about warriors. Most of the sorcs or rogues probably never use lot of learned spells. But for me it has sense to have maxed my spells. You never know when you will need to cast a flamewave .... :-) Afterall, throwing books away when you can read them is nothing more than waisting.
My warriors carry Dreamflange + 3 wizardry jewels in inventory as long as there is a chance to read some book. Up to +120 magic (lets count 110) can along with your basic Magic, helm (RC/of stars/of sorcery) and plate grant you magic value around 180. It can save you few Enchanted trips, what is something I really appreciate. For just 6 rooms of your inventory....

As for spells I recommend to use with "classic" warrior, its fireball, chainlightning, teleport, healing. In lvls with lightning immune monsters -> basically 16 (sorry for not counting you, Jim and Diablo) -> change chain for SC. FireWall works nice for lvls 1-12, but for hell I would use FireBall unless your magic ToHit is poor. In that case, FW can be a choice.
Quote:sorry for not counting you, Jim

Found that CC yet then Pavel? I'm around for a bit, if you have time for a game or two.
Aarda's still throwing roses at the rain...
Quote:I've recently started doing runs for Magic elixirs, it started mainly because I wanted teleport. But when I'm doing runs and find books I use them if I can, I know I'm just accumulating spells which I will rarely use other than out of boredom or the occasional running monster. I was wondering does anyone else who plays a warrior do this.

I tell you, there was something satisfying about the shock and awe in the messages I generated from other players when my Warrior whipped a Level 15 Fireball against an inconvenient mob. Keep collecting those books, and keep an eye out for Enchanted Shrines— Sorcs don't need them. You will.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.