Random Partied Monsters
Greetings,

Here's a rather interesting screenshot, taken by a friend of mine during an outing with his wind druid "IHaveWind":

Rebels1
Rebels2
Rebels3

Notice the two partied skeleton archers.

My friend asked me to explain the shot; never having owned a tomb reaver I just assumed he'd put one on his merc and these skeletons were the result of "10% Reanimate As: Returned". (I've never seen 'returned' to know different - OOI how do they appear, similar to revives?) I've since been assured that the merc does not have this weapon. You'll also note, from one of the screenshots, that there are other players in the game. I wondered if maybe these players could have used tomb reaver (or another 'switch sides' skill), but I've been told the area of the game in question (Close to the frigid highlands wp) had been left untouched until my friend ventured there solo. As the default portrait display also shows partied comrades and, in this case, there are none, then even if another player had converted these minions they shouldn't be sharing the auras.

I've been told the monsters hung around in this state, firing at incoming monsters, for a good 5-10 minutes before my friend left the game. This has left me a bit confused, there may well be an obvious reason for this, but it's escaping me in my current state of mind :)

Naturally, without seeing the scenario first hand, there's an element of doubt here. However, I'm curious as to what might have caused these skeletons to switch sides, does anyone have any suggestions on/experiences of this?
The "10% Reanimate As: Returned" gives Returned, not Burning Dead Archers. In addition, the monsters are coloured dark grey like with the necro's revive skill. So those definitely aren't the result of that.

I have no explanation.
Was that on closed realms, open realms, or SP? If in SP, is that a MOD?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
This was on Europe SC Ladder, so closed realm, not a mod I'm afraid :) Still has me stumped!
Quite honestly, I think this was just a glitch in Diablo. It happens from time to time (talking from experience, I once got to spam meteor on my sorc without the casting delay. Certain death to all enemies when that happened to me :D )
I am nothing. Nothing is perfect, therefore I am perfect. Only god is perfect, therefore I am god.

I Take Pride in Knowing I wasted 10 Seconds of Your Life With My Signature.
just a guess: is there an item with CTC conversion? or could it be a pally off screen with the right 'portrait display' mode seleted (iirc there's one which shows your pack, but not your party).

-Bob
Converted monsters get this little shiny thing above their head.