Runes and the ExpensiveNecro
Yesterday i am playing in europe with my summoner, cashmaker, and find a bunch of friends. All are using necro in this moment, levels 70-94. (In one moment we see more than 100 allies in town.) Six necros in town.

A friend say something and we compare merc. two thorns, one Freeze, two Might and one Defiance.

Other friend suggest put a doom weapon in the lvl 93 might merc, a bramble in the necro 93 and a runeword with fanatism in the same necro. We bring the items for other chars.

Later we have a necro 93 with four auras. Bramble give thorns, doom give holy freeze, runeword give fanatism and the inherent might.

holy thing.

I bring a 41 lvl zon,and the other friends give some others lvl 41-50. The "Aura_summoner" walk and kill all with only 9 skellies and two revives some poison nova here and here. really fast. Never have problem between andy and the ancients, when we stop because we are not lvl 60.

Later he try a solo baal hell. 3.5 minutes with revives and 9 sk lvl 43 SM when casted.

I want one !!! =)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)

I know doom are expensive, and bramble and passion too.

Only need the runes =)

I have a Druid with aldur, capable to kill countess nightmare without much problem in players 5, the best for drops i think.. Before make my maths, i need know some things:

1) what runes can drop the countes in normal, nightmare and hell
2) what runes can be dropped from Hellforge quest

For now i assume the best is nightmare countess, with a lum aprox each 30 minutes. i make 1 hour of countess today and get 3 lums. I go for pure killing power, great life fast walk, no teleport, and easy surveability. Aka, aldur set with TO armor for FW, mavina gloves and belt for the same reason. charms are shapeshifter and 10 max damage. Space in stash too for not need muling. Open all chests in the run,. run all the left way. Maybve i can have a teleport amulet for some seconds, but 100% FRW is ok for now. The merc is a holy freeze with kelpisnare, iceblink and blackthorns.

Any idea or suggestion?
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/diablo2/stsi/s...stsi.php?id=124
Ok, I've been given a lot of info from the people on these boards, so rather than have them repeat it, I'll just tell you what I know.

Bramble, Doom, Beast - To make these runewords, you need Sur, Ohm, Cham, Ber runes. The chances of you finding these runes legitimately are incredibly tiny. Almost certainly your friend's runewords were not made from self-found runes, and they are probably not even made up of legit runes.

Countess - You need to run the hell countess to have a chance at finding good enough runes to cube up. Not sure what the NM countess' limit is, but it's lower almost certainly. The Hell Countess has a limit of Vex on her rune drop, I believe. Also. the countess' rune drop chance is maximised at 1 player.

Vex is a very hard to get rune. A friend who ran the hell countess thousands of times has found 2 Vex runes from her to date. To cube to Cham would require 64 Vex runes.

If you are running the Countess for runes, you need a character with teleport, decent mana, and fast cast.

You may have more luck running high level heroes for items, and hoping for a good rune. Hell Mephisto and Pindle seem to drop more than their fair share of good runes.