Navigation Tatics
I'd like to hear what other people know about naviagating the dungeons in D2. I'll kick things off here by relating my recent discovery about how to find the Summoner in the Arcane Sanctuary.

The 4 directions do not have equal probabilities. Based on the 30 trials my Battle-Net Fury-Zon made in Hell a few days ago, it seems that the actual probabilities are approximately as shown here:

10% 20%
40% 30%

So if your goal is to find the Summoner quickly, you should start by going down-left, then try the other directions in counter-clockwise order.

I haven't completely finished looking at my data, but so far I don't see any link between the shape of the spokes and the location of the Summoner.

There are quite a few other areas where this sort of information is useful. For instance, Countess hunters want to find the stairs down as quickly as possible, and gold-chest hunters want to find their quarry quickly.

Edit: Forgot to put in my final question....

So what other navigation tips do people have?
This thread at AB probably deserves a mention
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...showtopic=36294

It's not exactly the same type of info, but similar and very useful if you are in a hurry to find something.
"Thank you. We always have a shortage of unfounded opinions, so this will really help us. " - adeyke
This is a great resource. Despite that, I rarely use it anymore as I'm into clearing all of the areas.

edit-- Doh! Thrugg beat me to it.