Max Golem, useless?
I use a calc, and see one thing.. if i have maximized the 5 golem skills, i am incapable of kill nothing.

I am wrong? Later in 1.10 only see clay golems and no much blood, iron or fire.

Greetings...
I'm not sure, but I believe many people use Clay Golems as meat shields to take away some of the attention from them. I have personally found a max Fire Golem to be very useful. With a complete Trang's set, your Golem could possibly be a fire tank associated with your Meteor, Wall, and Ball, but I've never found the complete set. :)
DroopingCactus
Quote:Adeyke and people like him get tons of questions exactly like this one by people who're apparently too stupid to play without Maphack, too stupid to read the Help file that comes with the program, too stupid to turn off the socket protection when they're using Maphack, and too stupid to realize that they're stepping before the firing squad when asking questions like that in forums like this.
-AK404
I have a max clay golem in a summoner with decrepify and holyfreeze, rocks !!!

But i am thinking in createa a real melee necro with blood and iron, only for be different .
Hi

If you create an Iron Golem from a good pala shield socketed with 4 perfect diamonds you get an Iron Golem who has 100% res against all elemental attacks, use a a healing act 2 merc or jump to town if he takes to much damage from physical attack and the golem will happily accompany you to Hell Baal.

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
...And in case the unlikely should happen a paladin shield with four perfect diamonds is replacable.

It still does nothing to alleviate the biggest problem with golems. They simply don't do enough damage. Sure Clay Golem were never meant as a killer, but a Blood Golem needs to do at least some damage to be useful and the whole idea behind the later golems used to be as actual killers.

Now in 1.10 their viability as damage sources runs out in late nightmare (the Clay Golem dries out in act 1 normal).

If you want your golem to kill I would suggest looking for some sort of really nasty elite weapon. You could look for ethereal non-merc uniques who'd otherwise be useless or perhaps some of the not-so-good elite uniques such as the Hellslayer.
Assur,Mar 25 2004, 05:13 AM Wrote:Hi

If you create an Iron Golem from a good pala shield socketed with 4 perfect diamonds you get an Iron Golem who has 100% res against all elemental attacks, use a a healing act 2 merc or jump to town if he takes to much damage from physical attack and the golem will happily accompany you to Hell Baal.

good karma
That reminds me... Here's something Dr_kazza posted over at the Amazon Basin. I liked it a lot! :P

[Image: immune.jpg]

I also like Little Faith's idea of using some not-so-good uniques that can actually be pretty good (i.e. Hellslayer...um...um... :huh:)
DroopingCactus
Quote:Adeyke and people like him get tons of questions exactly like this one by people who're apparently too stupid to play without Maphack, too stupid to read the Help file that comes with the program, too stupid to turn off the socket protection when they're using Maphack, and too stupid to realize that they're stepping before the firing squad when asking questions like that in forums like this.
-AK404
But, i think is better a hwannin armor or crescent moon with high mastery and olem, is teh only form of damage i can think.
Little Faith,Mar 25 2004, 06:06 PM Wrote:...And in case the unlikely should happen a paladin shield with four perfect diamonds is replacable.

It still does nothing to alleviate the biggest problem with golems. They simply don't do enough damage.
Hi

I do have to admit that my IG isn't the big killer :( basically I'm using him and my merc as the centrepiece of my troops, they tank whilst my Skell mages blast everything they see (skell wariors are skirmishers) and my Necro curses and tries to take out the bosses with his bow!

I'm still trying to work out the optimal set-up. I'll probably post here and ask for your varied opinion :D

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”